1. mrben

mrben Member
    Newcomer

Romania
    @nga it could be overheating, it could be internal hard drive or external if you use an external... be more specific, do you receive any error on the screen while you update or when you turn on? do you hear the FAN, is it working? check the FAN and if is working then replace your current installed hard drive with another hard drive 500GB or 1 TB unpartitioned, just replace the original one and start XBOX, insert the 8GB flash drive with OSU1 into USB and make offline update trought troubleshoot, if go to 100% without errors, then hard drive is the problem

Last edited by mrben, Jun 22, 2020
  2. Just4pack

Just4pack Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hello all, I am unable to get the script to run. it always fails at creating and labeling partitions. I have tried with 2 different drives. Followed exactly like in the video.

EDIT: Was able to get it to work on another computer. Strange.

EDIT 2: Got the drive in the xbox and did the nand clear by removing everything but instead of hanging, it reboots and then shows preparing and reboots again showing the troubleshoot menu. Put in the USB drive and it starts for like 2 seconds then errors back to the troubleshoot menu.

Last edited by Just4pack, Jun 22, 2020
  3. mrben

mrben Member
    Newcomer

Romania
    @Just4pack it may be the hard drive, most of the cases is the hard drive, on your pc you are seeing they are working but on xbox they are failing, use a good one, check in the thread or YouTube channel which are the best recommended for upgrade/replace.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

4. viggen66

viggen66 Member
    Newcomer

Spain
    Was thinking of formating again my upgraded 2 tb, which I used the tutorial of this threat and an old script batch not latest one which was released this year, just to have a clean operating system, after I have installed my new hdd I have received at least three dashboards updates, and it must have any leftovers from other dashboard like microsoft so much likes to leave useless files on the hdd, if I download OSU1, will it have the most recent dashboard or does it needs to be upgraded again?

5. mrben

mrben Member
    Newcomer

Romania
    Last OSU1 is 23 May, i've just use it and when i go to XBOX settings is saying No updates available, so it should be the latest, and last script is V9.

Last edited by mrben, Jun 26, 2020
  6. viggen66

viggen66 Member
    Newcomer

Spain
    Thanks my primary hdd must have a cocktail of old files with new files a complete mess

7. viggen66

viggen66 Member
    Newcomer

Spain
    Just found out is useless to install again the operating system, because the internal hdd has these following files and probably one more of language different than English on the X: partition \System Update

settingstemplate.xvd
    system.xvd
    systemaux.xvd
    systemauxf.xvd
    systemmisc.xvd
    systemtools.xvd

Every time new dashboard comes out, Xbox simply replaces these main files with newer ones, so no leftover from previous versions, also these files have xvd extension which are basically Xbox Virtual Disk, very well protected system files altogether with a supervisor on the cpu similar as 360,

Unpacking these files would gives us more knowledge of the Xbox One's operating system.

8. mrben

mrben Member
    Newcomer

Romania
    The XBox One operating system is on NAND, not on harddrive, insert a new blank/unparttioned harddrive into the unit and xbox nand will make partitions together with OSU1 via USB.

9. viggen66

viggen66 Member
    Newcomer

Spain
    After I have analyzed my external 4tb USB hdd, hosting mostly of my games I started to notice a little slowdown, so i connected to a windows pc I figure out one problem, for years this hdd never have been defragged and was a complete mess, is 46% fragmented it is a bottleneck when booting games, left it two hours and is now 42% gonna leave it all night until full defrag. Problem is that this takes forever to finish but is worth it. [​IMG]

10. bigjoncoop

bigjoncoop Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    My daughter's Xbox One S last week I guess failed during an update. She came to me and said that it would not turn on just a blank screen. I went through the whole Microsoft recommended fixes. Ended up having to do an offline update and that worked.

Now a week later it did the same exact thing. But this time the offline update fails at 58% and factory resetting fails at 50%. Error code's E100 and E200... and I could have sworn I remember seeing a different error code also.

The Xbox OS version is: 19041-2583 **** VB.Release.xbox.dev.2006.200609.0000

My question is is the newest OSU1 able to work with my OS version? I read that if the Xbox has a newer update than the current osu1 it won't work.

Just wondering before I remove the hard drive and try to use this script to fix it

Last edited by bigjoncoop, Jul 13, 2020
  11. itsik_b

itsik_b Newbie
    Newcomer

Israel
    Hi, I cloned my 500gb Xbox One to 500gb SSD drive using Clonzilla. I get E105 error when connecting the SSD to the Xbox.
    What should I do to overcome it ?

12. mrben

mrben Member
    Newcomer

Romania
    @bigjoncoop replace internal harddrive with a new HDD or SSD, i recommend Western Digital or Seagate Baracuda, don't use Seagate Mobile, the new HDD/SSD has to be blank, not partitioned or cloned by any cloning program / not formatted. Insert the new HDD/SSD in Xbox, instert also a usb flash driver into USB (NTFS formatted) with $SystemUpdate from OSU1 and turn On Xbox the hit Troubleshoot and Offline Update it should work 100%. @itsik_b you have to delete all the partitions of the HDD you created with clonezila and leave the HDD blank/unformatted, insert it to xbox and do Offline Update via USB as i described.

You can check also my post with error 100 102..... from my previous post, few posts back.

itsik_b likes this.
  13. 16v

16v Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    Only osu1 is needed?
    We dont need this script anymore?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

14. mrben

mrben Member
    Newcomer

Romania
    @16v exactly, script is needed only if you want also to restore backup from old drive, otherwise, better use OSU1 with blank new HDD/SSD as i described.
    If you had 500GB and want 1TB or 2TB then, you can just insert a New HDD/SSD blank with the desired size and xbox will take care to make the partitions for the harddrive size you inserted via OSU1 Offline Update.

16v likes this.
  15. marchi84

marchi84 Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    I got the E105 error after trying to restore using standard sizing

Used the OSU1 package to fix things however now I’m seeing 87E0000F when installing new games

I’m using a 1TB Samsung SSD, it was previously used externally on the XBOX without issue

I suggest people avoid this script

16. itsik_b

itsik_b Newbie
    Newcomer

Israel
    Thank you for the reply !!!
    I managed to solve it on a different way. I cloned it with Clonzilla and it worked only after I used the script to set the GUID.
    I cloned the original 500gb Xbox hdd to Transcend SSD230S TS512GSSD230S.

17. j0rtsu67

j0rtsu67 Newbie
    Newcomer

Finland
    Wow.
    Should it also work with 480GB SSD? I have one spare so I'd like to try. Though I leave old HDD as it is for backup if something goes wrong.

Last edited by j0rtsu67, Jul 24, 2020
  18. mrben

mrben Member
    Newcomer

Romania
    @j0rtsu67 you can try, but normally the SSD/HDD has to be 500GB or 1 TB or 2 TB, not 480GB, not 960GB or less than 2TB, if the size is not standard better use script, otherwise you could have problems...

19. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    Hi, found this thread on google and hopefully you can help me. I’ve tried to understand everything.

My Xbox One failed to start. It make some tickering noises and so I’ve thought, it could be the internal HDD.

Checked that on my computer with an external case and I can’t get access to it. Unfortunately I only have a 320 gb spare one here which is working fine.

so I’ve formatted it on PC and plugged it into the Xbox.
    Starting failed
    Starting to repair mode went.
    Erasing all data to factory failed
    Updating with reset zip failed
    Updating with OSU1 failed

The screen goes immediately to the error screen back

Hopefully someone can tell me, what I can try now next or do I have to buy at least a 500 GB HDD for the Xbox to run the next steps?

Thanks in advance

20. tylermac

tylermac Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    @16v im having issues with the script formatting a brand new 2tb western digital hard drive. Do you quite literally mean i shouldnt use the script at all and insert the HDD in the xbox completely blank? then run the offline update?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

oops meant to tag @mrben

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Internal, Upgrade, console