Logical block size: 512

GUID Dev Size Name
    25E8A1B2-0B2A-4474-93FA-35B847D97EE5
    91C2FC69-5973-11EA-B4BA-902B345AA7CE U: 41 GB 'Temp Content'
    91C2FC6A-5973-11EA-B4BA-902B345AA7CE V: 781 GB 'User Content'
    91C2FC6B-5973-11EA-B4BA-902B345AA7CE W: 40 GB 'System Support'
    91C2FC6C-5973-11EA-B4BA-902B345AA7CE X: 12 GB 'System Update'
    91C2FC6D-5973-11EA-B4BA-902B345AA7CE Y: 7168 MB 'System Update 2'

as you can see it "worked" but didn't, I don't know if its different for the Xbox One X, to the XBox ans the S series ... I can NOT truly see why as the OS system doesn't need to differentiate between the drives, and as i said previously i used it before and it worked, really sweetly ?

So back to my original request for the tail1976 to contact me, I have now run every scenario, the new win10 script fails to even run ?

Please contact me Tail1967

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I have also changed to a SSD Last year, this also fails to format now, Maybe i need yto find the xboxonehdd-master5 to make it work, 8 and 9 are not working and the Special win10 just doesn't do anything ?

willing to help out to solve problem, RCD2

2. 16v

16v Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    No.
    No differences between og s and x.

I have all of em moddified with ssds or sshds.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

3. RealCoolDudeToo

Newcomer

United Kingdom
    function Invoke-GdiskGuid($creationtype, $disksize, $disknum) {
    #($guiddisk, $guidpart1, $guidpart2, $guidpart3, $guidpart4, $guidpart5)
    $xboxone = @("a", "c")
    $duplicate = @("b")

$guid500gb = @("a", "d")
    $guid1tb = @("b", "e")
    $guid2tb = @("c", "f")

if ($xboxone -contains $creationtype) {
    if ($guid2tb -contains $disksize) {
    $guiddisk = $DISK_GUID_2TB
    } elseif ($guid1tb -contains $disksize) {
    $guiddisk = $DISK_GUID_1TB
    } elseif ($guid500gb -contains $disksize) {
    $guiddisk = $DISK_GUID_500GB
    }
    $guidpart1 = $TEMP_CONTENT_GUID
    $guidpart2 = $USER_CONTENT_GUID
    $guidpart3 = $SYSTEM_SUPPORT_GUID
    $guidpart4 = $SYSTEM_UPDATE_GUID
    $guidpart5 = $SYSTEM_UPDATE2_GUID
    } elseif ($duplicate -contains $creationtype) {
    $guiddisk = $DISK_GDUPE
    $guidpart1 = $TEMP_CONTENT_GDUPE
    $guidpart2 = $USER_CONTENT_GDUPE
    $guidpart3 = $SYSTEM_SUPPORT_GDUPE
    $guidpart4 = $SYSTEM_UPDATE_GDUPE
    $guidpart5 = $SYSTEM_UPDATE2_GDUPE
    }

Write-Output "" | Tee-Object -FilePath $XBO_LOG -Append | Write-Host
    Write-Output "* Changing disk and partition GUID values with $($XBO_GDISK) . . ." | Tee-Object -FilePath $XBO_LOG -Append | Write-Host

Set-Content -Path "$($XBO_GD_SCRIPT)" -Value "x"
    Add-Content -Path "$($XBO_GD_SCRIPT)" -Value "g"
    Add-Content -Path "$($XBO_GD_SCRIPT)" -Value "$($guiddisk)"

Add-Content -Path "$($XBO_GD_SCRIPT)" -Value "c"
    Add-Content -Path "$($XBO_GD_SCRIPT)" -Value "1"
    Add-Content -Path "$($XBO_GD_SCRIPT)" -Value "$($guidpart1)"

Add-Content -Path "$($XBO_GD_SCRIPT)" -Value "2"
    Add-Content -Path "$($XBO_GD_SCRIPT)" -Value "$($guidpart2)"

Add-Content -Path "$($XBO_GD_SCRIPT)" -Value "3"
    Add-Content -Path "$($XBO_GD_SCRIPT)" -Value "$($guidpart3)"

Add-Content -Path "$($XBO_GD_SCRIPT)" -Value "4"
    Add-Content -Path "$($XBO_GD_SCRIPT)" -Value "$($guidpart4)"

Add-Content -Path "$($XBO_GD_SCRIPT)" -Value "5"
    Add-Content -Path "$($XBO_GD_SCRIPT)" -Value "$($guidpart5)"

Add-Content -Path "$($XBO_GD_SCRIPT)" -Value "w"
    Add-Content -Path "$($XBO_GD_SCRIPT)" -Value "y"

# Add quotes to handles spaces in path prior to cmd /c
    $XBO_RUN = "`"$($XBO_GDISK)`" \\.\physicaldrive$($disknum) < `"$($XBO_GD_SCRIPT)`""
    cmd /c "$($XBO_RUN)" 2>&1 | Tee-Object -FilePath $XBO_LOG -Append | Out-Null
    } # function Invoke-GdiskGuid($creationtype, $disksize, $disknum)

i think its here lines 856 to 920

4. RealCoolDudeToo

Newcomer

United Kingdom
    need to echo $XBO_GDISK as the gdisk64 parse is blind, need a return check ? it is parsing i think , but i can't see any change?

Can you confirm please ? at function Invoke-GdiskGuid string

5. RealCoolDudeToo

Newcomer

United Kingdom
    "c" was selected
    (c) Fix GUID values without formatting the drive (Standard and Non)
    * Scanning for connected USB/SATA drives . . . * Disk Size Free Name
    (ca&Ncel)
    * Select TARGET Xbox One Drive . . . *
    "caNcel" was selected
    * Xbox One Drive Selection Cancelled *
    * Script execution complete.
    * Ended: 2020.03.03 17:12:33
    * Script ran for 18 seconds

(fi&Nish)

Its not reading the USB DRIVES, so it throws the NULL its not parsing because it can't see the drive ...

6. RealCoolDudeToo

Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Starting (c) Fix GUID values without formatting the drive (Standard and Non)
    Get-Partition : Cannot evaluate parameter 'DiskNumber' because its argument is specified as a script block and there
    is no input. A script block cannot be evaluated without input.
    At C:\Users\Garry\Desktop\xboxonehdd-master\win\create_xbox_drive_gui.ps1:1613 char:41
    + $RESULT = Get-Partition -DiskNumber $disknum | Sort-Object -Prope ...
    + ~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : MetadataError: (:) [Get-Partition], ParameterBindingException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ScriptBlockArgumentNoInput,Get-Partition

Get-Partition : Cannot evaluate parameter 'DiskNumber' because its argument is specified as a script block and there
    At C:\Users\Garry\Desktop\xboxonehdd-master\win\create_xbox_drive_gui.ps1:859 char:41
    + $RESULT = Get-Partition -DiskNumber $disknum | Sort-Object -Prope ...
    + ~~~~~~~~

Get-Disk : Cannot evaluate parameter 'Number' because its argument is specified as a script block and there is no
    input. A script block cannot be evaluated without input.
    At C:\Users\Garry\Desktop\xboxonehdd-master\win\create_xbox_drive_gui.ps1:938 char:35
    + $DISK_GUID = Get-Disk -Number $disknum | Select-Object -ExpandPro ...
    + ~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : MetadataError: (:) [Get-Disk], ParameterBindingException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ScriptBlockArgumentNoInput,Get-Disk

At C:\Users\Garry\Desktop\xboxonehdd-master\win\create_xbox_drive_gui.ps1:963 char:41
    + $RESULT = Get-Partition -DiskNumber $disknum -ErrorAction Silentl ...
    + ~~~~~~~~

* Disk $global:XBO_FORMAT_DRIVE = $this.Text -replace '[&]','' will be formatted as an Xbox One Drive . . . *

* Changing disk and partition GUID values with C:\Users\Garry\Desktop\xboxonehdd-master\win\gdisk64 . . .

GUID Dev Size Name
    (Unknown)

* Missing Drive X: 'System Update'

and there is your bug ........ all sorted

invalid argument ....

7. Joonboi

Joonboi Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I followed the instructions and got my Xbox back up and running, but my issue is my Xbox will no longer boot with the cover on. Works fine without it but as soon as I put the case back on the power flashes on then immediately off when I try to power on... did I mess up in reassembly?

8. Maniland

Maniland Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I started having issues with my HDD so followed your awesome tutorial, thank you very much. I tried cloning the old HDD onto a new 1TB SSD this seemed to work but reviewing the logs of the process some of the files has permissions issues when copying, I copied the files over manually and tried again to use the OSU file to update the process gets to 32% of the applying stage then throws the dreaded E100 I am convinced that the blue ray drive is fine and that this is something I’ve done above. So I ran the process again and this time formatted the HDD to be an empty new Xbox drive tried OSU update and again got to 32%.

My question is have you seen this and how if any way can I circum navigate the 32% E100 error

error included for completeness is

E100 0000070C 8B05000F

Hope the above helps

9. Maniland

Maniland Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I started having issues with my HDD so followed your awesome tutorial, thank you very much. I tried cloning the old HDD onto a new 1TB SSD this seemed to work but reviewing the logs of the process some of the files has permissions issues when copying, I copied the files over manually and tried again to use the OSU file to update the process gets to 32% of the applying stage then throws the dreaded E100 I am convinced that the blue ray drive is fine and that this is something I’ve done above. So I ran the process again and this time formatted the HDD to be an empty new Xbox drive tried OSU update and again got to 32%.

My question is have you seen this and how if any way can I circum navigate the 32% E100 error

error included for completeness is

E100 0000070C 8B05000F

I originally posted as a comment :rofl: hey I'm a newcomer

10. GoofytheScot

GoofytheScot Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Hey folks, think my hd in my xbox1x is on it's way out so i've been trying to use the tools and info here to prepare a brand new 500gb sshd for replacement but i'm getting errors when running the script, namely Format volume invalid parameter. It creates the partitions on the drive but none of them are named plus i get Missing drive X too.

Anyone know what the issue is and how i go about fixing it? Cheers, G.

Attached Files:

11. KeoiMadBro

KeoiMadBro Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    Hello, I used this procedures many times in the past with success and "fixed" many consoles, since a week or so ago, when I swap the hdd i get the E100 error, when I install the old hdd it works fine, any suggestion ?
    also one thing, I used to delete all the partition on the new hdd, install it, use osu1 and it was 100% success and faster then using the script, but again, this method does not work anymore,
    the osu1 from the xbox site is from february 20th, but it's only from a week or so that I am having this problem

"System Error: E100 00000706 80070002"

so E100 is not strictly related to the blu-ray drive

Edit : also I can't figure out how to work around it :)

Last edited by KeoiMadBro, Mar 30, 2020
  12. brunobrown11

brunobrown11 Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Someone would have the files for insider version to make available.

13. brunobrown11

brunobrown11 Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    I'm in version 19041.1567 is it possible that some future OSU1 can work?

14. Elsergio94

Elsergio94 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Can I simply pull the original hd from my one x and run this script to fix it? I've been getting 102, 5 and 6 error codes. I think the system might be getting to got and having issues because I used the reset keeping games and info a few times before but now it doesn't work. Please advise.

15. Elsergio94

Elsergio94 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Just another update. When I try to reset the system to factory, it will prepare the system up to 6% then say something went wrong. It also gives the e106 specifically. When trying the offline update, it'll get up to 3% some times, then something went wrong again.

16. xb000x

xb000x Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Onboard power capacitors are defect/dying now
    because MS used crxppy caps will all be dying after around 1yr, you must replace all 4 caps with best quality caps. And the hdd needs to be FULL Formated and Check/Repair for Sector Errors with Windows chkdsk. Follow the reddit thread:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/dl8cta/for_everyone_with_an_e105e102_issue/?sort=new

Elsergio94 likes this.
  17. MrMario2011

MrMario2011 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey @tai1976 it looks like I got to use this script again! This was all helpful, but I was wanting to know if you've seen this issue at all. Unfortunately I had to do this on the same console because it seems the internal drive failed, yet again.

Symptoms leading up to failure:
    - Errors not syncing saves
    - Very slow/laggy movement doing anything with the dashboard
    - Installations stopping for games
    - Not gracefully shutting down
    - Finally... E series error on boot. Usually E105

This One X console previously had the stock HDD in it, so I used your script to build out and install a 500 GB SSD in place. All worked well! Once a friend got a hold of it, after 3 hours of use the same symptoms cropped up. When it came across my desk yet again, I tried performing a OSU1 recovery on the E105 error. This failed and resulted in E102. Trying again, or even using the reset default settings files, resulted in an E101. Thinking maybe this was a fluke with the SSD, I sent in for an RMA and got a second brand new 500 GB SSD. Used your script again and all was fine! I did notice I had to run the script twice for the drive to fully cooperate and allow a complete OSU1 install. At this point I had successfully gotten the system up and running with a second brand new SSD. For the power mode I also selected Energy Saving. Finally, I took the time to clean out the system well and repaste it with MX-4. Much cooler!

After about an hour of installing new games, I started running into the same beginning issues! They disappeared after a reboot, but I decided to keep the console running all night. In the morning it was still running, but when I rebooted I was greeted with E105 again. Same story - E105 to E102 to E101, which I only fixed upon re-running the script twice. This time however I tried out something I found from an old Reddit post: Apparently many other users have experienced this error repeatedly on their systems. Some even sent their consoles to MS for repair multiple times! The supposed fix? Setting the power utilization on the console to "Instant-On" resolved this issue for several users.

At the moment I've got some more games installed again and I've been playing on it, my goal is to actually complete a game on the console and see what issues might crop up. It has yet to give me an E error after several hours, but I'm still noticing several issues. Mainly dashboard slowness, errors with opening/installing games, save sync errors. Each time these issues inhibit my play session, I restart or turn off the console. Upon next reboot they seem to be cleared up? This is by no means a reliable fix, but it is progress.

18. SnakesNBradders

Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Morning all, I've got an issue where I've ran the script and everything seems to have gone well, but when I turn the xbox on I get E106, and then I can't do an OSU as I was on the insider program. I have logged onto an xbox s and removed my xbox one x from the program.

No matter how many times I do a factory reset though. It still keeps the build of the omega ring, I've changed hds and everything. Still get stuck with the same build.

Any suggestions? Getting abit desperate now :D

19. Shabeer

Shabeer Newbie
    Newcomer

South Africa
    Hello, stuck in lock down for another 10 days and this happens, aaatgh. Iv run your script successfully on the original Xbox one x hdd via a pc, put it back and it gives the same E102 errors. USB update just restarts and says something went wrong. Erase everything goes to 6% and then something went wrong again. There's no data on the drive, all partitions show 100%free. Hdd doesn't have any indication of failure. Is it some other part on the console?

Lock down, 10 days to go, birthday tomorrow and the bloody console packs up. Ran the script successfully, put back in console. And same E102 errors. Used original hdd from console, 1tb hdd sata. USB update just restarts and says something went wrong. Erase everything goes to 6% and says something went wrong. No indication of hdd failure on pc, no grinding sounds. No bad sectors. What am I gonna do all day in lock down with no console. Aaaaaargghhh.

20. obliquity

obliquity Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    I unfortunately ran into the same issue the thread is talking about. I am running 19041.1591.amd64fre.vb_release_xbox_dev_2004200403-0000

If anybody is out there running the same build who happens to be able to get a copy of the system update folder, (same as the mega link earlier in the thread, but newer), that would be a life saver. Fingers crossed somebody in quarantine has a few minutes to help :D Cheers

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Internal, Upgrade, console