1. Rj.MoG

Rj.MoG GBAtemp Regular

United States
    What error did you get? Did your drive partition properly with the utility? Is the drive you’re trying to use a known working drive? The files I link do work if your issue is in fact with the files. If you put them on your hard drive, move the updater file to the root drive and copy all the other files to A and B on the system update partition and place them on a USB 3 flash drive it should work fine. I used them myself. But you need to be sure your drive is partitioned and formatted properly and has the files on it. I’m aware it’s less files but it works just fine to get your Xbox setup.

2. ford22
    This message by ford22 has been removed from public view by DinohScene, Feb 17, 2020, Reason: Please post in legible English only.
    Feb 13, 2020 Show
  3. BDGums

BDGums Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks for the reply. I did partition the HDD with the utility. All partitions came out fine, compared the GUIDs with the GUIDs in the readme.txt file - all matched. FWIW - the drive is a brand new 2 TB Firecuda. Errors I am getting are E106 (which was expected with the newly formatted HDD), E101, and E200. I have a detailed summary, but have not yet had time to type it all out. I suspect I must be doing something out of order. But I did try adding the "New Files" to the A/B folders of the System Update partition as well as adding updater.xvd to the root of the System Update partition.

One thing I did notice, after going through the process, when I connect the HDD back to the PC and view the files in Win.Explorer, the file dates of some files have been changed to 9/1/2014. Even the update.log file which is written to the USB drive during the process is dated 9/1/2014. Is there an internal clock that could possibly be off? At any rate, I will post my detailed process when I get home later tonight.

4. ford22

ford22 Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    just that I need seriously I did many times from OSU everything and it did not go and that's why I need everything from a and b and files original

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  5. Rj.MoG

Rj.MoG GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Is the hard drive. I went through 3 of those from amazon before just buying a full on SSD and using that. They’re not good hard drives at all and have a ridiculously high failure rate apparently. I had the exact issues you seem to be having now. Save yourself the time and just get a tb SSD or something,

6. ford22

ford22 Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    but I meant that I have a working disk at all but the problem needs to A and B and additional so that you do not have a problem someone has or someone made copies you can give because I have 1TB please urgently please and how to pack and throw the page give

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  7. ford22

ford22 Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    Please send files windows alll xbox os please partition

8. BDGums

BDGums Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Re: HDD - well that sucks:( - I bought the firecuda specifically for this project based on the recommendations of the OP. I will look for an SSD.

In the meantime, can you clarify the process once the HDD has been partitioned?
    Once the new drive is partitioned, what next? Below is what I think needs to be done:

1) Create A/B folders in System Update Partition.
    2) Add the following files to both the A/B folders:
    SettingsTemplate.xvd
    system.xvd
    systemaux.xvd
    systemauxf.xvd
    systemmisc.xvd
    SystemTools.xvd​
    3) Add updater.xvd to the root of the System Update partition
    4) Re-connect HDD to console and power on.
    a) This is where I am a bit confused. Do I still need the OSU1 USB drive?
    b) If so, should it be installed before power up?
    c) Also, given that the current OSU1 files are dated 12/13/2019, do I replace the appropriate files with the newer versions? If so, what about all of the other files - are they still needed or do I just create a USB drive with only the newer files?​
    5) Do I still need to select the "Reset - Erase Everything" option at any point?

Finally, just to satisfy my curiosity - any idea why the file modified dates are being changed to 9/1/2014 after attempting the offline update?

9. Rj.MoG

Rj.MoG GBAtemp Regular

United States
    That is all of the files. That’s what your Xbox keeps stored for recovery.
    Delete the older files entire and just copy the files I posted to the A/B folders and into the $systemupdate folder on your flash drive. If there is any of the other OSU1 files on any of those it won’t work

10. ford22

ford22 Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    because I do not have I did not back up and that's why I asked you only gave me system32 and different I understand that A and B something but the system requirement I have to do otherwise it won't go exactly you could give me a link to download from rar or zip

11. Twitch_Ferrett

Newcomer

United States
    I am having the same problem with replacing a failed 1TB drive with new 1TB drive on a system. I have tried reformatting the drive on a different system and re-downloaded the OSU1 update files to a different drive to remove other failing factors. I continue to get Error: E101 90060007 8B05000F. Please post if you have any solution.

12. Rj.MoG

Rj.MoG GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Put the files in the link I posted in the A and B folders on your system update partition on your hard drive. Move the updater file to the root of the system update partition. Then take all of these files and copy them into the $systemupdate folder on an NTFS formatted flash drive. Do not mix and match files or put any other files on there with these or it won’t work. Do not have internet connected either. If they don’t work try multiple times or different flash drives. If that still doesn’t work you may have another hardware problem. But those files should be sufficient

13. ford22

ford22 Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    where done or error please send

14. ford22

ford22 Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    e106 0000009 c0000102 what????? fix or USB not signal e101 00000504 8b050041

15. ford22

ford22 Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    please send me alll copy hex please partiton

16. umrotzer

umrotzer Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    After i have a Xbox one x around with same insider dashboard that I will try to fix, I'm curious how the situation is? I know ms has dropped a new insider update some days ago. Can I use this to fix the e101 / e106 error or did I have to wait for the full official dashboard version?

If I can use that newest preview update, does anyone know where I get it?

17. Rj.MoG

Rj.MoG GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You have to wait for the latest full dashboard even with the files unfortunately. If someone happens to have the same insider dash version as you you can use those files. But non matching files will not work. There’s no repository of people uploading these either, someone has to take out their working hard drive and upload the files

18. eugene22n

eugene22n Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I have an Xbox X that went down yesterday with 106 and 101 errors. It was enrolled in insider updates. As I understand it the OSU1 isn't going to work because its OLDER than the current insider OS.

My OS right now shows up as: 19041.1386.amd64fre.vb_release_xbox_dev_2004.200211-0000

I was going to attempt a hard drive replacement today and use OSU1.

It's unclear to me if that fact that the console was on the insider program on the current/faulty drive will cause an issue with the new drive.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  19. Rj.MoG

Rj.MoG GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It won’t work. OSU1 won’t match the update version on the rom

20. eugene22n

eugene22n Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    So what can I do to fix the Xbox?

Is the only option to wait for the OSU1 to update to the version currently on the console and then attempt to fix it without a harddrive swap?

21. umrotzer

umrotzer Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    K thx my friend that's what I thought.

BTW if sometimes hopefully some the new public dash drops, I still have to clear the hard drive right? Or can I just install offline? And I also read/see about that bootanimation, but if I what's watch the tut video on page one it's not even used or gets put somewhere after formatting the hard drive. So what is the point then for the animation?

And also in the video it's mentioned before install the osu1 update, to wipe the system and wait around 60 sec after its freezing. I've tested this on my Xbox one x with a clear drive, but when I hit factory restore it's acts like normal no freez, just the same error after 2 reboots.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Internal, Upgrade, console