Xbox One Internal Hard Drive Upgrade or Repair: Build any size drive that works on any console

tai1976 Jun 21, 2017.

1. djinc91

djinc91 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2019
    Canada
    You can use the script with only your new SSD, the original drive is not necessary. Use the script to format the drive then in the "System Update (X)" partition copy over the files from OSU1 as per the end of the readme included with the script;
    Once this is done and the drive is in your Xbox, it will likely boot with an error, at this point perform an offline update with the OSU1 files on a USB drive and it will straighten itself out. Then you can re download all of your games.

Rodrigo7O likes this.
  2. Rodrigo7O

Rodrigo7O Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2019
    United States
    I see.. This is the answer I was looking for.. But oh man, It looks and may sound harder to do and get it active than I thought. Well I suppose if I follow the Video and these Instructions carefully and included ones in the Readme.. I hopefully should be fine.

But yeah.. Thank you so much Dijinc91! I appreciate your time and patience!

But umm.. I got two more questions to confirm..

#1. Can you just add the SystemUpdate Files or the Folder itself into the USB NTFS Flash Drive to get the SSD up and running?

#2. Do you guys have a Discord or something similar for this website?

That is all.. Thank you.

3. djinc91

djinc91 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2019
    Canada
    The extracted OSU1 folder $SystemUpdate with all the files it contains goes into the root directory of the USB drive.

I've never used Discord so I am not sure.

4. tai1976
    OP

tai1976 Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2009
    United States
    The script is calling the wrong calc.exe tool. There is a command line calc.exe included with the create_xbox_drive.bat script.
    From within PowerShell run this command before create_xbox_drive.bat:
    cd ~\Desktop\xboxonehdd-master\win
    or where you extracted xboxonehdd-master-8.zip to
    By default Windows should prefer the current working directory over $ENV:PATH (PowerShell) or %PATH% (CMD)

5. tai1976
    OP

tai1976 Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2009
    United States
    When installing a new hard drive without a working original it is important to use a standard sized drive 500GB, 1TB, or 2TB. Avoid 480GB or 960GB drives which are fairly common SSD sizes.
    There are several reasons for this:
    1. The Xbox One expects 5 partitions of particular sizes. If the system is reset to factory defaults with a non-standard sized drive particularly under 500GB it will not initialize/configure correctly.
    2. Unallocated space on a 500GB drive is only 779MB. Using a 480GB drive will not be able to create partition 4 "System Update" at 12GB or partition 5 "System Update 2" at 7GB in size.
    3. Theoretically you could downgrade to a 480GB drive from a 500GB, 1TB, or 2TB drive source but you may need to delete some games and will be subject the reset to factory default issues mentioned earlier.
    I hope this is clear enough.

MTB2098 likes this.
  6. xHR

xHR Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2013
    Hi there! I got used Xbox One X with some issues - when I launched it first time I got E105, then 102 and 101. I tried to update it manualy and faile with it, so I removed update from hard drive and tryed again and it boots up. Sometimes it is freeze time to time and gave me an errors when I installed games. Sometimes games are not launched so I have to restart console. I thought that it was a hard drive issues. When I tried to use script on another drive I got e100 on updating from USB that for blue-ray drive, but when I attached original HDD, console installed update just fine. I tried to clone my original HDD to new one with Acronis - same issue with e100

Please help me if you can. Sorry for my english(

Last edited by xHR, Jul 31, 2019
  7. darrin41

darrin41 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 13, 2016
    United States
    im using windows to upgrade hhd and when putting in command gettin user cannot find path any ideas

Attached Files:

8. darrin41

darrin41 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 13, 2016
    United States
    Need help please

9. djinc91

djinc91 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2019
    Canada
    Your command needs your user name in it name/desktop

10. xHR

xHR Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2013
    Could omebody help me please?

11. djinc91

djinc91 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2019
    Canada
    What size is your new HDD?

12. darrin41

darrin41 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 13, 2016
    United States
    i still cant get this command prompt to work can some explain to me why its giving this error up above thanks need to fix this asap. if anyone willing to connect to my system n get this going im willing to pay . a respectable member of cousre

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

13. djinc91

djinc91 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2019
    Canada
    Instead of browsing to the path with the script you can just right click on the script and select run as administrator

darrin41 likes this.
  14. xHR

xHR Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2013
    1Tb

15. 16v

16v Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2017
    Gambia, The
    Manually?
    Cd path
    Cd path
    Cd path
    Xyz.exe

Easy na?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

16. grover_kiwi

grover_kiwi Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2019
    New Zealand
    I have the same errors both on the original 1TB drive, and a 2Tb firecude drive I bought. The actual partitioning works and I can install the OS from the USB, and it runs fine. I can install games no problem, but at some stage, I get errors and are unable to boot. Any advice would be appreciated.

17. djinc91

djinc91 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2019
    Canada
    So choose your new hdd with the script, create new 1tb standard size drive, download the newest osu1.zip from Microsoft, go-to the bottom of the readme file included with the script and copy the files it mentions from the osu to your new drive, specifically the X: partition and install it in your Xbox. Now put the OSU1 files on a ntfs USB stick and boot the Xbox into recovery by holding the pair, eject and power buttons at the same time, perform an offline update and it should work perfectly.

xHR likes this.
  18. darrin41

darrin41 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 13, 2016
    United States
    U sure this work

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

19. 16v

16v Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2017
    Gambia, The
    I' m sure you dont understand a lot...

Xyz.exe means the exe-file you want to run.

In your pic it is win.exe.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

20. darrin41

darrin41 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 13, 2016
    United States
    I wish someone would make a tut on just right clicking the script. And then show how to finish with the replacement or upgrade instead of that cmd stuff

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted