Xbox One Internal Hard Drive Upgrade or Repair: Build any size drive that works on any console

Discussion in 'Xbox One - Tutorials' started by tai1976, Jun 21, 2017.

1. djinc91

djinc91 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2019
    Canada
    Yes, and the readme included with the script tells you the exact files you need from the OSU1 folder
    It *may* need the offline update because even though it is brand new there will be files on the original hdd that pairs it with the console. You will know if you need the offline update right away if it shows you a E error.

2. Dymblos

Dymblos Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2019
    Chile
    Ok, in this video

is safe use this:
    "FYI, I used the "(f) Autosize Non-Standard w/ 2TB Disk GUID" option when copying data from a 500GB HDD directly to a 2TB HDD and was able to reclaim the 101.02GB of unallocated space that would have been left at the end of the drive if I had used the "(c) 2TB Standard" option."

I also have a 2TB HDD

3. djinc91

djinc91 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2019
    Canada
    I don't have any experience with non standard size drives. As the disclaimer states nobody is aware of being flagged for having a non standard drive size but if you wanna play it safe I would use standard, if you don't care and need the space, go ahead.

4. iLLNESS

iLLNESS Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2009
    Canada
    Anyone have the A/B files for 19h1_release_xbox_dev_1906.190531-1540?

It seems 190607 released so I can no longer update my primary console to 190531 to get the files to fix my old Xbox One :(

5. velotoxicsounds

velotoxicsounds Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2019
    Germany
    That doesn't help you. I have the same problem.
    You always have to wait for the latest official update to appear. Say, now in 5 days 1605 Official. Then you download the OSU File from Microsoft and follow the instructions. A newer DEV preview doesn't fix the bug.

6. kegger66

kegger66 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2019
    United States
    I'm getting a "missing operand" a few times when running the program, after each of the "missing operands" it opens up an instance of Calc for EACH missing operand error (if that's a clue).

1. I've tried on a different computer - error
    2. I've tried using version 7 and version 8 of your program - error
    3. I tried with the drives direct attached and via USB - error

info:

Windows 10/patched current
    disk 2 is the source
    disk 3 is the target

This is after the first error (I chose c since I'm going from 500GB drive to 2TB SSD)
    upload_2019-6-11_20-8-5.

after the 2nd errors

upload_2019-6-11_20-13-7.

Note: Diskmgmt doesn't show that the partition was "carved up" into partitions.

thanks

7. iLLNESS

iLLNESS Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2009
    Canada
    Last edited by iLLNESS, Jun 13, 2019
  8. velotoxicsounds

velotoxicsounds Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2019
    Germany
    New Update is Released. My XBOX Working Back. THANKS GUYS THANKS THANKS THANKS

djinc91 likes this.
  9. velotoxicsounds

velotoxicsounds Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2019
    Germany
    Unfortunately, the conversion instructions to IFIXIT have a lot of errors and very few hints.
    I have recorded a German video that includes the conversion, as well as the transfer of the data to the new hard drive. The link runs here into the GBATEMP forum, maybe the programmer, relationship-white thread creator would like to link the German Video.
    Dear greetings
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAOy3YeIoPJHSO-0EiyA-REHflB8otNKh

10. rockshow

rockshow Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2004
    ok so. few months ago my xbox went bad. e105 errors mainly.

so far i have taken the old hdd out and have formatted it using the tool in this thread. it is now back in the xbox and giving me e106 errors. I have downloaded the offline system update but that is giving me e101 errors now.

my dash i believe is showing 19h1_release_dev_1906.190607-1330.

I think it successfully updated earlier when i switched it on for the first time in ages. am i out of luck because of this?

11. 16v

16v Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2017
    Gambia, The
    I believe your hdd is faulty...

And why the hell do you format the old hdd???
    Before using a 20 year old device:
    Check it first. Use cdi or hdtune.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

12. djinc91

djinc91 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2019
    Canada
    It is quite possible the HDD is bad, however as a last ditch effort I would download the OSU1 file from Microsoft and perform an offline update. Even if you are at 1906 you can still use the OSU1 1906 update to overwrite it, hopefully with success.

Last edited by djinc91, Jul 9, 2019
    rockshow likes this.
  13. PetrSvetr

PetrSvetr Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2019
    Czech Republic
    Hi, I searched through the forum and I could not find a clear answer for the following:
    If I am doing SSD Replacement (original HDD is dead), do I need a SSD which is exactly 500GB? I am thinking of buying a SSD which has only 480 GB - is that going to work?
    Thanks in advance

14. djinc91

djinc91 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2019
    Canada
    It will work

15. Gdragonnnl

Gdragonnnl Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2019
    Netherlands
    If my 3th Xbox One X gives me a E105 Error code, should a new 1tb harddrive/ssd fix the problem?
    After research on the internet they say that the E105 is a harddrive failure..
    Used the script once before with my first Xbox One X and got the error back months later,

16. 16v

16v Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2017
    Gambia, The
    Not always...
    I had this too but it was a savegame error!
    Everytime i started the game, my save got downloaded. Everything is fine at this point, and i can play the game.
    But after a new boot i get the error.
    I had to Factory reset my box and install everything again.
    No problem.
    But then, when i want to play again this game, i get the error again.
    It is Quantum Break...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

17. Rodrigo7O

Rodrigo7O Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2019
    United States
    Hey there everyone. My name is Rodrigo.. I got a question regarding this method of formatting the Hard Drive and such to use a new Hard Drive for Xbox One X.. I am planning to get a Samsung SSD 860 Evo 1TB to add into my Xbox One X. The main question I would like to figure out since I am still new and learning (Using the Readme from The Scripts multiple times Haha..) Is: Can I just add The OSU1 Files and thats it?.. Also lastly, How do you perform an ' Offline Update '?

18. djinc91

djinc91 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2019
    Canada
    If your old HDD is working copy the files from it. To perform osu, put the files in the root dir of a USB drive, plug it into the console and hold the pair, eject and power buttons at the same time on boot it will load the recovery menu.

Rodrigo7O likes this.
  19. NoIdealBaud

NoIdealBaud Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2019
    United States
    EDIT: I think I fixed it up. Pulled the SSHD, ran step G, then removed device, plugged it back in, ran a step A to re-format and apply GUIDs, unplugged and replugged in, hit a step E and I'm currently restoring the full backup from the original HDD.

I clearly missed a step or something doing the direct copy upgrade but after reading thru the bat file a bit, reading the readme for the 20th time, I *think* I understand what's going on. Sorry for the trouble.

---------------------------------------------------
    Hi all,

Last night I cracked open my Xbox One X Scorpio Ed. with the goal of swapping out the stock 1TB HDD for a 2TB SSHD.

I performed a full backup of the original to a secondary drive for good measure.

I then did a direct copy, standard upgrade. After this, I removed the source drive and ran the GUID fix.

That's it. I then plugged in the new SSHD to my Xbox, closed it up and started the console.

Immediate E105. I went to troubleshooting and attempted to reset console and keep settings and games; I had ~600 GB of games on the 1TB.

The console restarted and I got an E102 error this time.

So, I downloaded the latest OSU1 from MS and did an offline update.

Worked - I'm back in my console. Problem is, I lost all those games.

In a perfect world I could just re-download what I lost BUT I have 1mbps DSL (yes, DSL). That would take weeks, if not months.

Is there a way I can retroactively pull my games to the SSHD? Is it as simple as plugging the SSHD into my PC again and dragging the old User Content to the new SSHD, or will that not work? Is there more to it than that?

Thanks for your help in advance and I do apologize if this has already been asked and answered; I didn't go thru all thirteen pages of this thread.

Thank you for the great script and tutorials.

Thanks for your time!

Last edited by NoIdealBaud, Jul 22, 2019
  20. Rodrigo7O

Rodrigo7O Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2019
    United States
    Ah Ok.. I will do my best when I do get my hands on the Samsung 1TB 860 Evo SSD. Hopefully I can figure it out haha.. About yesterday I found a video on YouTube where I can just add SSD to the Computer, Set it up for the Xbox One Partitions or something like that then add it to the Xbox One X.. No need to copy the original stuff to the new SSD (I don't mind re-downloading my Games and Apps! =)..) However according to the Video.. Once you got the Script set up correctly (Which I may not be looking forward to But I will try my best and hopefully learn Haha) And have the OSU1 USB NTFS Drive ready.. Add it unto the Xbox One X and such.. But the last thing is: The Boot animation. But perhaps if I follow that video closely, Maybe I can set up the SSD without using a 2nd Hard Drive (Such as the Xbox Original Hard Drive).. I will continue to watch the video and continue to read the Readme file from The Script of 8.0. Also.. Thank you so much for the Reply! =)

Last edited by Rodrigo7O, Jul 21, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted