Xbox One Internal Hard Drive Upgrade or Repair: Build any size drive that works on any console

Discussion in 'Xbox One - Tutorials' started by tai1976, Jun 21, 2017.

1. jpg2497

jpg2497 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 25, 2019
    United States
    Hey man, thank you for the helpful guide. However, i have a problem that i don't know how to fix. I have a 1tb ssd im trying to put into my one x. The first issue i got was this:
    The protective MBR's 0xEE partition is oversized! Auto-repairing.
    The protective MBR's 0xEE partition is oversized! Auto-repairing.
    Then i encounter this:
    WARNING: About to copy to the TARGET disk. Continue [Y,N]?Y
    * Missing 'Temp Content' U:
    * Missing 'User Content' V:
    * Missing 'System Support' W:
    * Missing 'System Update' X:
    * Missing 'System Update 2' Y:
    * Something is missing, cannot copy data
    Microsoft DiskPart version 10.0.17134.1
    What did i do wrong?

2. hencthurk

hencthurk Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2008
    I'm getting error, Missing Drive X: 'System Update'

Please help! :(

3. Thisnme

Thisnme Newbie

Newcomer
    May 29, 2019
    United States
    Hello,
    Did anyone ever figure out why the calculator keeps popping up and the drive never partitions?

4. maje90

maje90 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 31, 2019
    Italy
    Hi all.
    My original drive (WB blue 500GB) of my Xbox One (2014) died completely.
    Can I use these scripts to format and partition a new drive?
    I'm trying but i'm getting the error: Missing Drive X: 'System Update'
    Also, any option of the .bat file leads to a solution referring an original HDD data, which I haven't, because is dead.
    Please, any help is greatly appreciated!

5. djinc91

djinc91 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2019
    Canada
    Create a new standard drive. It will make all the proper partitions then download osu1 from Microsoft and extract the appropriate files into the update partition. This info is in the readme (at the end) provided with the formatting tool. then install osu1 onto a USB stick and perform an offline update. Should work.

6. maje90

maje90 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 31, 2019
    Italy
    Thanks for the reply.
    That's the problem. I don't find anywhere an option to create a new drive...
    See here: imgur pic id IkwDkRj
    I have nothing to "replace" or "upgrade" and also nothing to backup or restore.
    (I even tried those, but at some point it gives me an error: Missing Drive X: 'System Update' )

Hoping in your assistance :bow:

7. velotoxicsounds

velotoxicsounds Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2019
    Germany
    Hello,

can anyone me Please Help?

I have a Xbox One X with Update 10.0.18362.4036 - 1906 - 28 May 190524-1924-Delta RIG

My HDD is Died, i have a New HDD, because, I cant Update my Console with Recovery.

Can anyone Please Send System Update Partition for this Firmware?

Greets
    RaptusLeiche

Last edited by velotoxicsounds, Jun 4, 2019
  8. djinc91

djinc91 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2019
    Canada
    If your wd blue is dead you likely cannot use this script to fix it, you will need to start with a new hdd. Did you buy a new harddrive?

9. maje90

maje90 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 31, 2019
    Italy
    Yes, I have another 2.5 HDD (I've checked and it's good and healthy).
    I connect it, but during the .bat script it never show a "create" command option. (please see pic "" imgur dot com slash a slash VwKteJn "" ... i can't post direct links)

10. velotoxicsounds

velotoxicsounds Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2019
    Germany
    Can i Use the Xbox One S to Copy a Full Backup HDD to my Xbox One X HDD? The Xbox one S have a newer Preview-Build installed.

11. djinc91

djinc91 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2019
    Canada
    (a) Replace/Upgrade w/o a working original drive (Standard Only)

What size is your new hdd?

If it is 500gb, 1tb or 2tb choose the appropriate size then download osu1.zip from Microsoft and put it in the update partition that the script creates. Refer to the end of the readme for what files you need.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

It's worth a try. It's likely uncharted territory, so if it works for you report back. If the software for S is different for X I am sure the system will let you know one way or another, probably by failing the update at 1%

Last edited by djinc91, Jun 6, 2019
  12. Dymblos

Dymblos Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2019
    Chile
    With a Brand New Xbox One Slim 500GB
    I want to replace the hard drive with a 2TB SSHD
    If im correct i have to modify the partions in windows
    then open the xbox and replace the hard drive, turn on the console and start using the xbox normal and update the xbox trough internet, right?

13. velotoxicsounds

velotoxicsounds Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2019
    Germany
    Unfortunately, it didn't work. Now have the backup from the Xbox one S on the Xbox One X. Unfortunately, the Xbox ONE X remains at 0-1%. Unfortunately, a reset does not work.

On the USB stick I have the latest OSU1. Unfortunately, the latest preview update already uses 1906. The OSU Files for the USB are OSU 1905. Does anyone have an idea, perhaps?

14. djinc91

djinc91 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2019
    Canada
    Sounds like you'll have to wait until they update the OSU1 files, which for the May release took just under a week.
    Plug your stock drive into the computer and backup the update partition using the script when you format your new drive you can choose to restore the files from your original drive then it should be plug and play. Also, as you said you may need to perform a system update for everything to jive together properly, if that's the case perform an offline update with the Microsoft OSU1.zip

15. velotoxicsounds

velotoxicsounds Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2019
    Germany

Ok I've already thought so.

Only for the correct procedure. When the new update is there, simply formate my 1TB hard drive using the Tool with Option A.

Then copy the NEW OSU1 to X:System Update A and B, the update.XML of it in the root directory.

Copy the new OSU1 to the USB in $Systemupdate and update via recovery

16. Dymblos

Dymblos Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2019
    Chile
    Im very new on this, but why may i need perform an offline update? I can connect the xbox to internet and the xbox will update if there is any update available
    Currently the xbox is in the last update available, but nothing more, there is no profiles or anything else download

Last edited by Dymblos, Jun 6, 2019
  17. velotoxicsounds

velotoxicsounds Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2019
    Germany
    With Offline Update Restore your HDD the Data from Offline Update to your new HDD.

18. Dymblos

Dymblos Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2019
    Chile
    that is neccesary? djinc91 said "Plug your stock drive into the computer and backup the update partition using the script when you format your new drive you can choose to restore the files from your original drive then it should be plug and play."

19. velotoxicsounds

velotoxicsounds Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2019
    Germany
    If your old hard drive is still working, of course, take the backup from your hard drive. If you no longer have a working hard drive, you'll need the OSU1 for the offline update.

What is important is that the OSU1 must always be newer than the software already installed.

20. Dymblos

Dymblos Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2019
    Chile
    there is no old drive, the xbox is new (500gb) , i just want to replace the factory hard drive with a new 2tb
    Just check the xbox system:
    19h1_release_xbox_dev_1905.190510-1845

all is ok to start the replacement, right?

Last edited by Dymblos, Jun 6, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted