Xbox One Internal Hard Drive Upgrade or Repair: Build any size drive that works on any console

Discussion in 'Xbox One - Tutorials' started by tai1976, Jun 21, 2017.

1. dominater01

dominater01 GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 13, 2009
    United States
    im using mame 2003 and its getting stuck, from what i've heard you need to bring up the mame menu and change it to steering wheel but i dont see the option

2. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

Aug 29, 2007
    United Kingdom
    The mame2000 version Outrun rom works on mame2003 plus too ;)
    On mame2003 plus you can bring up the mame menu by pressing left analog stick button (L3) dunno if it's the same for mame2003? probably :)

3. dominater01

Mar 13, 2009
    United States
    i get the menu but i dont see a steering wheel option

4. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

Aug 29, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Hmm now that I think about it doesn't say anything about keeping the steering wheel straight on the version I have? Sounds like you have a different version of the rom than me :P

5. Turuu

Turuu Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2018
    Mongolia
    evertng except
    Everthing except ODD works from my testing. You can even factory reset it without problems. My only issue has been the ODD.

6. dominater01

Mar 13, 2009
    United States
    just found out i meant crusin usa my bad

7. Fallen_Zen

Fallen_Zen Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2019
    Poland
    I just used the script to copy all my data to a new Crucial SSD 1TB MX500, unfortunately with that disk inside, when I turn on my Xbox One X, the light turns on for few seconds then turns off. After putting back the original drive everything works fine. Any ideas?
    Used the option to set it up as a standard 1TB drive, then used fix GUIDs at the end. The screenshots shows the copied SSD drive contents.

Attached Files:

8. 16v

16v Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2017
    Gambia, The
    I have a 2tb crucial Inside my X. Works just fine.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

9. Fallen_Zen

Fallen_Zen Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2019
    Poland
    Seems I had to run GUID fix option again as they were incorrect after first time. Now everything runs smoothly. Silly thing is that with "broken" partition the console doesn't even want to start in recovery mode etc.

10. sdeanjr1991

sdeanjr1991 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2018
    United States
    Hey guys. Just ran the script on my failed original Xbox one HDD. When I put It back in and booted the Xbone I got an error 106, selected to erase everything with the D Pad in the controller, it froze up again, and I tried to hard reset via eject/bind etc. Tore back down, hooked back up to my desktop and now I’m getting “missing drive X” etc. could anyone offer any advice??

Below are screens of running a, g and f on my original HDD.

Attached Files:

11. crawlgsx

crawlgsx Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2018
    United States
    I have a 1TB 860 EVO working fine and a 500GB 850 Pro working fine, I know the other user had a problem but honestly I would give it a try. It seems quite bizarre that ONLY a 500GB Evo would have an issue but he did try 2 different drives, so again bizarre.

IF your optical drive does stop working, you indeed could just put your old drive back in and it will be as if nothing happened, so it is worth a try!

12. rms8

rms8 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2019
    United States
    ??? W H A T ' S W R O N G ???

Trying to upgrade OG Xbox One 500Gb HDD with new 1Tb SSD (960Gb).

Formatted/partitioned with Marcs awesome script. I chose "a" to start from scratch (old HDD corrupted). All goes WELL.

I place in Xbox and insert USB with OSU1 file. I update OFFLINE.

Here's the problem : It always fails at exactly 33% of "Applying Update" (or 73% overall) with the following :

"Something went wrong"

System Error : E102 10010C02 8B060007

I've done this entire MOP a dozen times.

13. rms8

rms8 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2019
    United States

For future lookers :

I had a spare 1Tb HDD in my spares (I build/repair PC's on the side) and on a whim decided to try it. It WORKED. I can only surmize that the SSD did NOT work since it was not a true 1TB drive. The SSD was advertised as 960Gb but Windows only saw 865GTb in the end. I know if I would have formatted that 960Gb SSD as a 500Gb drive, it too would have worked.

14. marcovk

marcovk Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2019
    Netherlands
    Hi there,

Just bought a 1TB HDD to replace the original 500GB HDD in my Xbox One S.

Because I didn't have enough space on my laptop I decided to put the script on my external hard drive, so I can backup my original drive on that drive.

When I choose option D it starts copying. But then it stalls at one point. Every time I tried re-running the script it stalls on a different percentage. First it was at 4.7%, an hour ago at 11.7% and now at 68.8%.

So I checked and verified the following to see if I met the requirements:

- I have the English language installed
    - Windows 10 (Pro) is up-to-date
    - The partitions on the original drive have been assigned a drive letter
    - The health of both HDD's is OK
    - I formatted the external drive NTFS
    - I hooked up the original source drive with the USB-SATA adapter and tried it with and without the second USB cable (for power)
    - I tried both Xbox One HDD Master 8 and 7
    - Running PowerShell in Admin mode

… But it still stalls while running the following:

Code:
    * Running: C:\WINDOWS\system32\robocopy "U:"  "Temp_Content"  /ZB /MIR /XJ /R:3 /W:3 /TS /FP /ETA /LOG:"C:\Users\Marco\AppData\Local\Temp/RoboCopy-Temp_Content.log"   /TEE

Log File : C:\Users\Marco\AppData\Local\Temp\RoboCopy-Temp_Content.log

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
       ROBOCOPY     ::     Robust File Copy for Windows
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Started : dinsdag 12 februari 2019 16:28:27
       Source : U:\
         Dest : E:\xboxonehdd-master\win\Temp_Content\

Files : *.*

Options : *.* /TS /FP /TEE /S /E /DCOPY:DA /COPY:DAT /PURGE /MIR /ZB /ETA /XJ /R:3 /W:3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11    U:\
     68.8%      New File               3.0 g 2014/09/01 16:00:06    U:\$sosrst.xvd
    What can I do to complete the back-up? @tai1976

Edit: I just tried it with other USB --> SATA converters. I also tried the Direct Copy Upgrade option. On Windows this didn't work with both version 7 and 8 of the script. On Linux I thought it finally worked, but... it copied the '$sosrst.xvd' and another file, but it stalled at the third file.

This is getting really annoying. I also put the original Xbox Drive back into the Xbox and tried to boot it and it worked, so I don't think it's a corrupt drive or something.

Last edited by marcovk, Feb 14, 2019
  15. LordGuardian

LordGuardian Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2019
    Luxembourg
    Hello,

I used the script to exchange the stock 1Tb drive of my One X for a Crucial MX500 SSD. The Xbox runs fine, but like other users reported, my optical disc drive is not recognized anymore. (it does accept discs and spins them up though) ...when I swap for my original HDD it works fine again.
    I did a system reset with the SSD but it still doesn't read Blurays or game discs.

If anyone has an idea what might cause this?

16. LordGuardian

LordGuardian Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2019
    Luxembourg
    Never mind, the problem seems to have solve itself after power cycling a few times an pushing the power button while the console was unplugged to 'drain' it completely. Not sure if it is just coincidence but it seems to work fine again for now :)

17. Castanedajc

Castanedajc Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 22, 2019
    United States
    I just had this problem last night. I upgraded my original drive with an WD. When i turned it off before doing the last step, the system was recognizing the optical drive and showed the game that was in there. When i disconnected the drive to add in the animation file (last step) and installed the drive back, the system would no longer recognize the optical drive. I've cycled power a couple of times, but i can't use the power button because thats not working either. I think that one might be because i switched the power button panel board. The original panel board i ended up cracking the hold down tab for the ribbon so i swapped out the board. So i have some trouble shooting to do tonight.

18. DanielGT500

DanielGT500 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Hello Everyone!

I have an Xbox One OG 500GB, it started giving error codes, can't remember now which one exactly but after some research I concluded it's best if I reformat the drive and start afresh.
    Took out the drive, deleted the partitions, ran the script to create them again, copied the contents of OSU1 to System update partition in A and B folders, also onto an USB flash drive (branded, a sony one, I've read unbranded ones can be trouble).
    Held down the eject and sync buttons and turned on, waited until the third beep then released the two buttons. It started the installation, then verifying all fine, restarted then it just gave the error code: E100 00000703 80910008. It hasn't even got to 1% with applying update. 58% overall.
    This indicates a possible hardware fault as far as I know that occurred during an update. I know this normally comes up on consoles when updating that had a new bluray drive installed but logic board not transplanted from old one.
    This one has the original bluray, hasn't been replaced.
    I have restarted, fully reset and started installation of the update several times but the end result is always the same.
    Not sure how to proceed from here, anybody has any idea please?

Thanks in advance!

19. motts

motts Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2019
    United States
    Is there any way to recover from this? Im in the alpha preview program, replaced dead SSD, but obviously cant use the OSU files from MS. I tried copying the SystemUpdate from another alpha preview (however it was a version ahead of my now dead xbox), but that didn't work. I get stuck on E106>E101 errors. Any fixes other than waiting for a new OSU file?

20. Gematdot

Gematdot Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2019
    United Kingdom
    PLEASE PLEASE HELP!
    After running the script loads of times, trying umpteen hard drives, I still keep seeing the troubleshoot screen after we get to 33% of the applying update (about 71% overall).

I know this is a well known issue but I can’t for the life of me see what I’m doing wrong. I’ve changed loads of hard drives over the last few years but have never found a fix for this issue

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted