Xbox One Gets Booed Out At EVO 2013

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not surprised; it's culturally acceptable to hate Microsoft for what they did with the Xbox One. We clamored for them to remove the restrictions, and then, somebody started clamoring to bring the restrictions back. So everyone started signing it to express their hate for Microsoft... again. Getting booed at a tournament is just another nail in their coffin. It's sounding like they'll never forgive Microsoft for what they did. There will be another hate outbreak for them; I guarantee it.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ERm...I won't speak on the other games you mention, but...Donkey Kong Country actually had good level design. It's been a while since I played 1 and 2 (though not THAT long), but they were more than decent. Varied, thrilling, not too long or frustratingly hard, a good amount of tricks and hidden stuff, fun minigames... Okay, perhaps it won't win the prize of "best design ever"...but which platformer can claim that title? :unsure:

(and it's pretty hard to separate the level design from the music or the then-ahead-of-times graphics).
The original DKC had really lame level design in my opinion. Just to see the first world I got impressed to see how all the jungle levels looked so much alike, I never ended the game because I found it so boring. DKC2 though had levels very distinct one from another it just seemed more focused and it's my personal favorite. DKC3 was also really good, I have yet to play it another time.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo yo yo, I'm a douche bag and I'm adopting trendy, stereo typical street dialog to push my quasi quality products upon the the empty heads of youth, and adults arrested in development. Check it yo, I'm wearing a joystick as a necklace in vein of Flava Flave cause unlike Flava, I have no originality what so ever so I must bite his style that it has become a well recognize pop icon item.
Sighh...

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
well last thing i've heard it was that KI was going to be free to play but you'll just get 1 character and you need to buy the rest of them.
that seems worse than capcom itself and capcom had made pretty stupid stuff before. maybe that's why they booed the xbone

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're not saying 'boo', they're saying 'BooOne'
0d0609ea8cdf1da0d7602865d6fdd0a6.jpg

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
well last thing i've heard it was that KI was going to be free to play but you'll just get 1 character and you need to buy the rest of them.
that seems worse than capcom itself and capcom had made pretty stupid stuff before. maybe that's why they booed the xbone
They boo-ed at the moment they said they had "a good partnership with microsoft". I'd say that part of the audience was dead set on not getting that console.

Likewise, I can predict some boo-ing if bayonetta 2 developers telling at a gaming convention how they like the arragements they have with nintendo.

Obveron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The booing really cut-off the presenters stride. Killer Instinct and Xbox One is a combo worth breaking.

Presenters: Yo Yo Yo, Killer Instinct.
Audience: ....
Presenters: Yo Yo Yo, Xbox One.
Audience: C-C-Combo Breaker!
Presenters: .... Yo Yo Yo?

Ziggy Zigzagoon

Trophies
XP
Country
Purification in process...
(Note: the booers are the spectres.)

Frankly, I think that the Durango is the new Justin Bieber... or the new furry fandom... something that is just fashionable to hate indiscriminately without actually seeing for yourself how bad is this. This is less pro-Durango/pro-Justin/pro-furry but more 'think and see for yourself this time.'

schmooblidon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't speak for the crowd but I'd boo more for the exclusive part. Just feels like a way to make the huge and growing community, pressured into buying an xbone.

Reactions: kehkou

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
HEY GUYS THE ORIGINAL RARE TEAM WAS GENIUSES!

Too bad most of their games are actually pretty... not expertly designed. Donkey Kong Country didn't have good level design, Banjo Kazooie didn't have good level design, Goldeneye and Perfect Dark didn't have good level design (well Perfect Dark ranged from "interesting levels" to "convoluted as fuck"). They were good at making A) collect-a-thon platformers that people loved because you just collected shit B) memorable music and C) a single fun multiplayer game (Perfect Dark which blows Goldeneye out of the water by leaps and bounds). Most of them have since quit the industry or are off working for other developers.

I'm just saying that their games weren't really known for being well designed, just for being "memorable".
Oh man, were you in a depression when playing those games?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'd expect them to boo because its an exclusive... probably would have booed if it was for ps4 or wiiu only as well.

Yes, a new proper Banjo Kazooie game.
This is the only thing that would make me get a X-Bone.

I found building cars to be much more fun than playing those n64 games

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I would boo it too.

Microsoft has shown its real face. They can't simply turn back time. We know now what they do think about us. :shit:

Amber Lamps

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few people can make an awfully loud noise. Personally I can't see MS giving an F.

There's plenty of people buying xbox one if it has the DRM they mentioned at first and there's also plenty of people who wouldn't buy one that now will because they said that they won't do that DRM stuff. So yeah I agree.

I'm not against microsoft and the DRM thing didn't chage my mind. I was going to try PS4 this time. But now I am having second thoughts and I think the Wii U has better games than those 2 consoles combined.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.