Xbox One Available for $349 from November 2nd Throughout the Holiday Season

Discussion in 'Xbox One - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by obs123194, Oct 27, 2014.

1. obs123194
    OP

obs123194 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 9, 2014
    United States

Christmas time, mistletoe and wine... and huge savings, which is always a big deal when you want to plant only the best of gifts under the Christmas tr-- Oh, I mean, when you want Santa to plant the best gifts under the Christmas tree. ;)

Microsoft's decided to gear up for the season early and prepared a great sale for those who are still on the fence about which console they should buy, here's what they had to say:

There's several bundles to choose from, so if an Xbox One is the one thing you want for Christmas, you'd better have a look at what they have in store for you!

:arrow: Source

2. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Still too much and only one game per bundle.

I want to own an Xbox One someday but only when they make a Slim model because the original is too fat for my likes and can't be put vertically (it's how I have my 360, PS3 and Wii U).

3. nando

nando GBAtemp Addict

Jan 1, 2008
    United States
    it's 50 dollars less.

that's as far as my thoughts went.

obs123194 likes this.
  4. WiiCube_2013

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    The controller still needs AA batteries, instead of having like PlayStation and Wii U do so this is another reason why they shouldn't charge that much.

I decided to go wired with my 360 and I'll probably do the same with XO when the time comes so I'll save from buying batteries and wired it's always on without the need to recharge.

Jayro likes this.
  5. Jayro

Jayro MediCat DVD and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    As far as the batteries go, just use rechargables like any other controller. My Wii controllers have them, and my 360 (before it died) had them too, and were a blessing.

As for the Xbox One going $50 cheaper, they need to throw in a few good game bundles to really spark any interest, especially with Christmas coming.

6. nando

nando GBAtemp Addict

Jan 1, 2008
    United States
    i hate batteries altogether myself. i don't know what i prefer quite frankly. the built in batter on the uPad is crappy and doesn't retain it's charge when stored for a couple of days, so i find myself tethered anyway. same with other built in batteries, you end up with too many cables to charge each and everyone.

at least with AA you get your choice of rechargeables, but then at my house with wireless keyboards, mouses, and wiimotes this quickly got out of hand.

Jayro likes this.
  7. obs123194
    OP

obs123194 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 9, 2014
    United States
    what microsoft needs to do is invest in exclusives... the wii u is going to sell like hotcakes when super smash bros for the wii u comes out

8. GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina

Or yo could get rechargeable batteries.

9. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    No it won't.

10. trumpet-205

trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

Jan 14, 2009
    United States
    I prefer AA battery over built-in battery. Once the built-in battery dies usually it is pretty hard to find a geniune replacement battery.

With AA, I know that I can always find them with ease. I'm using Panasonic eneloop AA on my Wii controller and I like it very much.

11. Jayro

Jayro MediCat DVD and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    I know what you mean. I built a charging station using just common stuff from Walmart, like a small plastic bin the size of a shoebox, a power strip, 6 2.1A usb chargers, and I just have everything of mine recharge via USB, all in one spot. I even leave everything sitting there until I need it. Sadly I lost the only pics I took of it with the loss of my old phone.

12. WiiCube_2013

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    That's an extra fee to it whereas with PS3/PS4 the controllers come with built-in battery so it's just plug the cable whenever needed and then remove. Microsoft still prefers to charge more to their own fanbase than include what the rival company has had since PS3.

I never had this problem with built-in batteries and so it's my preferred method of batteries for controllers, if possible.

13. GameWinner

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    Why you should never buy a console at launch yada yada

14. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Only a year late, but hey, it's something.

Somebody give them a sticker!

WiiCube_2013 likes this.
  15. Smuff

Smuff Fossilized Gamer

Jul 29, 2006
    By the sea
    Here's a sticker for them, as requested....
    [​IMG]

TarkinMX likes this.
  16. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I've edited your post and made a small summary in order to post it on the front page, I hope you don't mind, obs123194! ;) It's a cool promotion - I hope the aggressive price cut increases Xbox One sales over the course of the holiday season. It's a good system that gets a lot of flak, and with games like Halo 5 coming soon it's worth the attention now, while it's cheaper than ever. :P

obs123194 likes this.
  17. soulx

soulx GBAtemp Legend

Apr 4, 2009
    Canada
    This combined with exclusives on the platform that are better than whatever the PS4 is offering right now is seriously tempting me to get Xbox One. If Sony doesn't step it up this Black Friday, guess I'm going to be Xboned.

TarkinMX and WiiCube_2013 like this.
  18. GameWinner

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    Still, this is kinda tempting for me.
    I kinda want one this holiday season but I only want like 2 games. What do?

19. XrosBlader821

XrosBlader821 Digimon Tamer

Feb 1, 2014
    Gambia, The
    The only reason why I'm not temted to buy a Xbone is because I'm already saving up money for PS4 and Wii U

20. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    When you aren't using it for a couple of days, open up the battery panel and disconnect it. It will retain it's charge much better. The reason it normally doesn't is it's not really off, it's just in a low power mode waiting for a signal from the Wii U to tell it to turn on. Kind of a bad design decision, IMO, but that's how it is.