Xbox Live

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Maz7006, Aug 21, 2009.

?

Have you been banned?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Aug 21, 2009

Xbox Live by Maz7006 at 12:26 AM (2,909 Views / 0 Likes) 32 replies

1. Maz7006
    OP

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Just out of interest really. I want to see how random MS is about this.

Just a small side note, after being disappointed when i found out that Live isn't available in my country, i did some quick google'ing and i found that this can be easily fixed by choosing a different country once i apply.

Just for the note im running on pre-NXE (seeming as though i've never been able to connect to the Live and update) My question here is that will MS ban me if i lie about my country. All i want is to update the dashboard, and actually have a proper gamecard where others can see my gamescore. I'm only taking into consideration a Silver Membership, since my internet is way to slow to even consider online gaming.
    Thanks to anyone who votes and/or replies to my question [​IMG]

2. jaxxster

Member jaxxster The Heretic

United Kingdom
    I've been banned before because i flashed my drive, sucks but its the risk you run for being a pirate.

Posts merged

I've been banned before because i flashed my drive, sucks but its the risk you run for being a pirate.

3. Maz7006
    OP

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Well my 360 is flashed, but i wont be doing any online gaming, like i said i just want to update and have a proper gamertag, will MS ban me in this case? [​IMG]

Im guessing its not worth the risk.

4. Maz7006
    OP

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    only one person has been banned here [​IMG]

BUMP [​IMG]

5. Golfman560

Member Golfman560 TheRapist.com

Antarctica
    Well seeing as you don't get Live in your country if you do get banned it won't matter because being banned is the same as it is now. Just that you got online for a while and then were banned.

I would change the region and then only buy say a 1 month or 3 month Gold subscription in case you do get banned.

6. Maz7006
    OP

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Well if i stay on Silver (considering that i went ahead and bothered getting the 360 to connect to the internet) will i have a less chance of getting banned. Sorry for all these annoying questions that seem like they don't have any answers, just a bit curious about why/and on what circumstances do you get banned. I think the prime reason in the first place is that you have a flashed console. But how can MS tell. Can they tell if, and only if you play pirated games online. Hence my assumption that i MAY be safe with just a silver account.

7. supermodchips

Member supermodchips GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    The chance of being banned is the same. It is simply from playing games with incorrect stealth files rather than playing from another country. I haven't heard of anyone being banned from lieing about their country anfd I doubt you would be the first.

8. Maz7006
    OP

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    so its all about the games....i see. I guess it isn't even worth the risk, seeming as though i don't even have online play in mind (just the gamscore and gamertag and the updates). Anyway thanks for the replies. I wish the pole would get more votes though.

9. Maz7006
    OP

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Anyone else ?

10. olliepop2000

Member olliepop2000 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    using old hacked firmware and non-stealthed copies has a good chance of you getting banned if you are connected to live.

11. Maz7006
    OP

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    so i realized....

Just a small question, as soon as i connect to live, its gonna ask me to update the dashboard straight away (im still on pre-nxe), if i do so, will i have to re-flash my drive. Just for the note its flashed with ixtreme 1.6

12. hankchill

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    No, you don't have to reflash. Upgrading the dashboard doesn't affect the DVD Drive's firmware at all, and never will.

13. Maz7006
    OP

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Great! Thanks, i appreciate it.

i could really use the new NXE dashboard, thanks for confirming this, maybe ill now actually be bothered moving the xbox closer to the router. I wish it had WIFI [​IMG]

Thanks for all the voters as well.

Been checking all my backups this morning with abgx360, is that the best app to use to check if a burned game is already stealthed [​IMG] all my results came in that they were stealthed, just wondering if that application is accurate enough.

14. hankchill

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    abgx360 is perfectly fine [​IMG]

To be 100% sure, be sure to set the Autofix to Level 3.

15. olliepop2000

Member olliepop2000 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    @ maz why don't you just get/make a longer ethernet lead?

16. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    Yes, because I bought a already banned 360 without knowing it [​IMG]

17. Maz7006
    OP

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    raulpica, that just sucks. I've seen though that you have extensive knowledge with all of this 360 stuff so why not give the Infectus chip a shot ?

18. euanadixon

Newcomer euanadixon Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    sigh i got the red rings

19. Maz7006
    OP

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    ^^ why not fix it yourself (there are a million guides) or send it off to MS.

So ok, i just updated the dashboard and my heart sank half way through the process in fear that the internet and/or the power will drop but everything went fine and dandy [​IMG] If only i had faster internet i probably would have bothered playing on live. Now at least i have a use for the HDD.

*goes back to copying games to the HDD*

thanks all the voters.

20. hughjass

Member hughjass GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Just so you know for future reference you don't even need to connect your 360 to the net to do updates. If you have a pc and usb flash drive, simply go to microsofts website on your pc, download the update from there, put it on your flash drive, put your flash drive in your 360, turn the 360 on, and it will install it.