xbox live

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by DarkCrudus, Aug 20, 2009.

1. DarkCrudus
    OP

DarkCrudus The Ghost

Apr 15, 2007
    United States
    Minnesota
    ive heard many rumors about microsoft making live free or having a free server, or somethin like that, but never been able to find anything about it. anyone have anything about it, any sources or information?

2. PettingZoo

PettingZoo yesss

Oct 5, 2008
    in the trap
    Silver Live is free though you can only play Online on certain days and other features (Marketplace) are restricted. Gold Live is available for a free 1 month on an Xbox which has got the NXE and never had live. I think the free live you may have heard about was of the Gold Trial, I don't think M$ would make free live which makes heaps of money.

3. Xoo00o0o0o

Xoo00o0o0o Xoo00o0o0o is in the house

Apr 23, 2009
    United States
    Dallas, TX
    isn't if you pay for a year you get it free?

4. Hachibei

Hachibei GBAtemp Fan

Apr 3, 2007
    Canada
    Canada
    Uh, what? If you pay for a year, then you get a year of Live.

Also, I think if you made a hotmail/windows live account with a US address, then you'd get a month of free Live.

5. PettingZoo

PettingZoo yesss

Oct 5, 2008
    in the trap
    It doesn't have to be a US address, I got my free month with an AU hotmail account.

6. [M]artin

[M]artin .

Nov 7, 2006
    United States
    When you create a new gamertag, the walkthrough asks you if you want to try out Xbox Live Gold for 1 month for free on that new account. Xbox is a little lenient on this, as I've seen friends get close to 2 months of time on that new user free trial at times.

When you buy a 1 year subscription of Xbox Live in certain places, it often includes an extra month for free (13 months in total), such as this product.

7. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    each 360 only has 3 1-month trials limited to it
    one for every new account

once you created 3 accounts and used the 1 months trial, you cannot get any more trials on that system even if you create another account