Gaming Xbox Live question how it works

lukands

I took the little bus here
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
OK so considering getting online live, How does it work exactly? If I buy the year subscription, I get to make 1 account, but what if I have a few different profiles, can all profiles access online? If I have 2 consoles do I need 2 subscriptions? .
Sorry stupid questions but getting pressure to go online from the kids.

lukands

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
So 1 subscription = 1 console = 1 account = only 1 profile can only go online?

Or can you play online with the same account name but using different profiles?

EDIT....looks like the family pass is no longer available?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1 profile can go online but most games will allow guests (either actual guests, throwaway profiles or the main profiles your kids have) if that is your main concern. Some games might not allow guests in ranked matches but it should allow people to get on and start playing. You could stick the profile on a USB drive/memory card/spare hard drive and share it (which may or may not be for the best as running two consoles off the average connection can be a tricky proposition and the "you're making me lag" fights are just as bitter as getting people to share time on a console ever was) or you can try downloading it to both consoles (MS does allow the option). https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/profile-storage-changes has more on that.

You might have problems with everybody getting achievements they earned and save games doing it that way though. Many devs do online right and will have the single player not really trouble the multiplayer (or at least let people join).

On the other hand "if you can be civil we will revisit the matter in a few months" is a great incentive.

In short yes if you have played PC games and the like most of your life before now then MS are money grubbing bastards, precious little you can do on the matter.

lukands

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Sorry can`t get my head around how it works? and Santa Claus can afford only 1 twelve month subscription, but all the kids want to play online using their own profiles. Can they take turns online switching with their own profiles OR do I have to make just one profile for online playing and the other profiles are for just offline?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hello everyone