Xbox Live Public Preview Program

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Nebz, Oct 12, 2011.

Oct 12, 2011

Xbox Live Public Preview Program by Nebz at 11:09 PM (1,209 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Nebz
    OP

Member Nebz The N00b

United States
    "At E3 we announced the new Xbox LIVE dashboard which will deliver intuitive navigation, increased responsiveness and improved engagement with Xbox experiences – all beginning this holiday. Now that our work on the dashboard is almost complete, we are announcing an open call for all Xbox LIVE members to register to participate in a preview program to help us test the system. This is an important program as we continually strive to ensure the reliability of a service that reaches tens of millions globally. We could not do so without the ongoing help of our great community.
    Once this program is kicked off, an update will be pushed to your console that will contain select dashboard features, including:
    • New design for integrated Kinect and controller navigation
    • New Beacons to play online with friends
    • Deeper Facebook integration
    • New Cloud Storage for Game Saves and Xbox LIVE Profile
    Other features and entertainment partner apps may come into view during the program period.
    Note: A console in the program is expected to remain fully compatible with standard retail consoles not in the program. (e.g. party chat will function)

For those familiar with previous registrations for our program, we have a new model for registering your consoles this year. The new model is a more automated process that should make it easier for you. We will not ask you to type in your console information upon initial registration; once you are approved to participate in the program, look for details on our portal about how to register your console.
    Click here for the initial register for the Public Preview.
    The latest information will be available to you via the www.connect.microsoft.com/xboxliveupdate program portal."
    http://majornelson.c...review-program/

Go go go!!!

EDIT: I'm not sure how to wrap the text as if it were in the User Submitted news section.... I'm assuming it changed after the latest GBAtemp upgrade, no? If there's a new code for it please let me know ^_^

2. Yeloazndevil

Member Yeloazndevil GBAtemp Regular

United States
    already signed up, hope I get in.

3. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    Signed up all 6 of my Gamertags. XD

Warning: Spoilers inside!

4. DinohScene

Member DinohScene The Gift of Dino

Antarctica
    • New Cloud Storage for Game Saves and Xbox LIVE Profile

I would sign up just for this.
    Then again the chances of me getting picked with a XBLSilver account is slim to none ;p

5. Nebz
    OP

Member Nebz The N00b

United States
    Is this coming from a bad past experience? I've never had any issues with getting "picked" for these Preview Programs. I'm really not even worried of getting accepted or not since it seems my friends and I ALWAYS get accepted each time we do these. I'm sure even if you have Silver you'll still get accepted though.... If not then oh well sorry!

I say sign up just for the hell of it anyway. It doesn't hurt in any way ^_^

6. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    gold subscribers take priority over silver members
    account in good standing
    and have done previous beta previews for them

7. DinohScene

Member DinohScene The Gift of Dino

Antarctica
    I could sign up ofc on my completely unflashed 360 (chances are that it will go RRoD as soon as it is downloading the update ;p)

Gold members pay for early demo/beta's of games, parties, online gaming, facebook & twitter and other social media and with that comes also a higher priority of getting picked indeed.

8. Nebz
    OP

Member Nebz The N00b

United States
    The Microsoft Connect site now tells you if you're in.

Travel to connect.microsoft.com and sign-in. Navigate through your announcements to hopefully find "Next Steps - as of 10/17/2011 and hopefully be greeted with the following message:

9. Nebz
    OP

Member Nebz The N00b

United States
    Console Registration is now available guys!!!!

EDIT: Sorry for the double post.... It just seems nobody has posted and I didn't want to make a new topic :-/

10. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    You can register up to 3 consoles per Gamertag.

11. Nebz
    OP

Member Nebz The N00b

United States
    Yes!!!! :3

I'm so glad since I'll be getting a new Xbox 360 next week (MW3 Edition).