OP
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Source and Burn360 IRC Transcript

Seems some banned 360 owners threatened Stephen Toulouse and his family over phone.
It got so worse Stephen Toulouse joined #360banned IRC chan to ask them to stop calling him every seconds non stop
Full information and IRC printscreen in the link above.

This is So stupid!

If you modify your console and play pirate games, you know you gonna get banned someday.
Play it fair, if u get banned because of piracy, it's ur own fault live with it and know you did it yourself!
Wanna play on Live and wanne use Live stuff, don't modify or play pirated games and when ur get banned, you don't blame it on the
Policy Director of Xbox Live, and for sure not his family, the have nothing to do with it at all.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I completely agree with you DjoeN. I understand that you might be angry and I understand that you might feel it's not fair that you got banned (after all, some people do use backups as backups instead of pirated software), but you agreed with the Xbox Live terms and therefore it's perfectly understandable that you got banned. Threatening someone for whatever reason, especially this, is really weak, low and stupid.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If people were banned the moment they log into Live with a modded console, regardless of whether they played pirated copies or not, then pirates wouldn't expect to be able to use Live with a modded console.

But because his policy is to collect information over a long period of time without banning anyone and to roll out punishments in a short time, pirates got used to using Live with modded consoles and they just can't admit the mod and accept the ban.

The policy he came up with caused the current behaviour of banned people, so he brought this on himself.

I'm not exactly saying calling his house threatening his family is right, but he could have easily avoided all this with a better policy.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I swear, most people of the internet and real life are just complete idiots...it's not that serious of a ban that you threaten a man, his wife and his animals. You flashed your 360, so you took up the risk of getting banned. There is no one to blame but yourself.

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it funny that these pirates were lucky enough Microsoft didn't take any legal action when they were caught playing illegal games. So they thought calling a guy with death threats would make things better.

nickmaxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Magmorph said:
I find it funny that these pirates were lucky enough Microsoft didn't take any legal action when they were caught playing illegal games. So they thought calling a guy with death threats would make things better.

Who said that everyone who got banned played pirated games?

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i find it surprising that they cut you off completely.

just take gold away, permanently. i'd still happily buy stuff from the marketplace.

DarkCrudus

The Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
^
that would be a grand idea, i dont ever really use a gold membership haha and i do BUY from the market place, they'd get money from me =P haha

nickmaxx said:
Magmorph said:

Who said that everyone who got banned played pirated games?

i believe he was referring to "these pirates" as the people who threatened the man and his family.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Banning people from XBox Live at all is a pretty silly thing to do, since it earns them a lot of money, but true enough, although it's not something people should expect if they mod their consoles, they have to accept the possibility that it can happen, because it DOES happen, and that's something to consider before they even mod it.

Phew, that was a long sentence.

EDIT: Hmm, I don't think stepto is new to IRC after reading that chat
tongue.gif
He sounds like a pretty cool guy actually.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tbgtbg said:
Maybe next time he won't f up peoples HDDs? (not that threatening him was right)

I dnt understand when you refer to MS as 'he' , this guy is only doing his job, and at the same time earning an honest living, but i can agree that the HDD is just a bit too harsh, i mean why would they lock you out of it, it makes no sense.

damedus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you buy the xbox you can do whatever you want to it flash it trow it off a highway etc, thats how it should be. Live is a service thats used with an xbox. they should add a per game code(ala pc method) wich wont alow 2 ppl to conect with the same code and blacklist any code that has to many atempts from diferent ips. they should alow ppl to buy and d/l dlc even if its to a pirated copy, why? cause they make money out of it. adding a code in each online playable game to enable live playability would solve the need of banwaves and they would not be needed. have a pirated game and dont have the code that came with it then you cant earn achievements, go online servers or use dlc. and before anyone says but what about used copies? well simple, M$ earns nothing on a resale of a used copy, so have a marketplace that sells gamecodes. You buy X game 60 bucks finished it take it to gamestop get 23 for it they sell it at 55 this is the curent scham lets say M$ earns 10 bucks on the first copy sale but the copy gets taken back 7 times and sold used each time. M4 total earned 10 for 8 sales. add the code setting:
buy new M$ gets 10 bucks, sell to GS for 18 GS has to lower their price by whatever sales price M$ sells their codes for(lets say 12) so GS sells for 43 you buy code at home and pay the same 55 unless you never wanted to play online or achievements.if you did M$ made money on the resale. now lets say you pirate a game totaly never pay for any but have 4 you wana play online right now its free with the ban risk in the other method its free but to play online you paid 12 bucks meaning M$ made 12 bucks on a pirated copy wich pirates usualy sell for 10 bucks or less meaning that pirating copies for sale would be hampered while backups would still be doable cause you had the code anyways and even if you didnt and pirated and bought the code you get the game for 12 bucks thats true but at least the publisher and M4 got some money out of it(M$ only gets a % of the sale its the game publisher who gets the profit)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs