XP
Country
Canada
Anyone attempt using these?
Anyone crazy enough to try them out?

If anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about then check this out

They just seem really fishy
wacko.gif

Some of them ask for your Gamertag, password, and associated email... big no no.

Really though I'm kind of curious if some of them work.

EDIT: just got to thinkin, hope this type of post isn't against any of the forum rules, if someone believes it so, give me a heads up and I'll remove it.

Gumble

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ya I found them while looking how to put my songs from rock band 1 into 2. Turns out people use generators for the codes to download the ac/dc and track pack 2 songs into rock band 2.

Sorox

Master Firo Soul
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
You remerber that THing they had going on last summer with the free points for making a car. Some people made bots and got thousands of points. A friend of mine got it before it was deletd and he has like every map pack for like every game. So yea, generators, no. Bots that send you codes from trials, etc. yea. theyre real.

kokiri_link

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
These point generators are always a scam. They ask for your email and password, so they can phish your gamertag, use your credit card (if you have one assigned to your membership) to change your tag, and then they buy a ton of microsoft points, either to sell the tag on or use it as thier own.

Gumble

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Welp.

Between now and since I first posted this we went ahead and did it.
It works, but I feel really guilty now.
We tested it with another account.

The one we used sent a command to an xbox support (bot??) email that in return sent us codes for working 1600 point cards.
This is atleast how I assume it went down, I really have no idea how it works. All we did was type some commands into an email and send away.

Basically it was like: "uhhh I dont think we should do this" "too bad already sent it"

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gumble said:
Welp.

Between now and since I first posted this we went ahead and did it.
It works, but I feel really guilty now.
We tested it with another account.

The one we used sent a command to an xbox support (bot??) email that in return sent us codes for working 1600 point cards.
This is atleast how I assume it went down, I really have no idea how it works. All we did was type some commands into an email and send away.

Basically it was like: "uhhh I dont think we should do this" "too bad already sent it"
I would check your credit card for charges soon.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a LOT of these are phishing scams. A person sets up some way of getting user names (emails) and passwords. Then a person hops on, uses their info, and the phisher will put out $20 bucks for a 1600 point "generated code" (which wasn't generated at all, but purchased) and person that tried the "free points" scam says "Holy hell! This worked!" and posts, and then the phisher gets a good 20 people's info, maybe randomly giving out a code, just to bait the line, and more people hear it works and start using it.

So, just because it works for you, doesn't mean its real.

Its quite a brilliant scam, actually, but that doesn't mean "Go for it!"

Lucky you, for being the one that got a "working" code
smile.gif

(i wouldn't try it again though.)

EDIT: as a matter of fact, i'm locking this. I don't want other people hopping on hoping these work, and we end up adding to a phisher's work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ +1