Xbox LIVE Marketplace Down?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by ShadowXP, Mar 5, 2009.

1. ShadowXP
    OP

ShadowXP ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dec 20, 2002
    I'm trying to purchase some Microsoft points from within my 360, and I get the error 'Can't retrieve information from Xbox LIVE. Please try again later. Status code: 80150019'. I can download free stuff though and browse the marketplace. I tried to purchase online through Xbox.com but I get a '500 - Server Error' when I go here http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/

Anyone else having this problem today? And is there anywhere else where I can buy some points online?

2. War

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    I went to that site you listed and it loads up just fine for me :|

3. ShadowXP
    OP

ShadowXP ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dec 20, 2002
    Well it works now! (The site, anyway).

EDIT: The Marketplace website is back but you still can't purchase any points (Server is Unavailable).

EDIT 2: ...and now the homepage has gone again. What is going on..

4. DrCaptainHarlock

DrCaptainHarlock Hustle bones comin' out my mouth

Jun 20, 2007
    Saitama, Japan
    I've got the same problem. I'm gonna have to call Microsoft about this, I need to buy points so I can change my tag to DrCaptainHarlock at last.

5. BIGCOX1995

BIGCOX1995 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2009
    United States
    i am haveing the exact same problem. i tried to download some points and then it said that te points were added and then i went to download the nazi zombie map on call of duty: world at war and it said that i did not have a balance after it said that the points were added. also before when i tried it said the i would have to try again later and that the status code was 80150019 or something like that. im not sure if i spent the money on the points or not because it said i did but it also said that i didnt have a balance. any help would be greatly aprecciated.

6. Hermessz

Hermessz GBAtemp Regular

Sep 16, 2007
    Iceland
    ISR
    I have the same problems...
    Just bought a 1600 points card, and when I redeem the code, it says the same error as you mentioned
    "Can't retrieve information from Xbox Live, please try again later" error 8015000a

7. devonsrt4

devonsrt4 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2009
    United States
    Just tried to buy points and the same exact thing happened to me....
    If anyone hears of anything let me know. lol COD5 maps just came out and i want to buy asap.
    Thxs

8. neruroco

neruroco Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2009
    United States
    well i bought 1600 points last night added it to through the webpage and it was fine bought my stuff for Fable 2 and changed my name then i got GOW2 and wanted to get the maps well i didn't think about it get it at the same time so i try to buy it and i get this error then i go to xbox.com and there is no log in so i think its something xbox is doing that is making this mess up

9. AshuraZro

AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Feb 21, 2004
    Canada
    Saskatchewan
    http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/xboxstatus.aspx

Xbox Live is currently experiencing issues with it's billing and account management services amongst other possible problems.

I can say that I simply kept trying and was able to add points and make my CoD5 map purchase after a little bit.

10. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

Mar 6, 2006
    United States
    Darling
    IMHO, Xbox Live Marketplace has been slow since the day Call of Duty 4 came out. Even Halo 3 wasn't enough to bog it down.