Gaming Xbox Live Marketplace/Arcade content region locked?

darkangel5000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, hello thar.

Since I have no credit card and I'm way too much of a cheapo to go in a german store and buy 2100 pts for 25€ when I could get them online with a US account for only 17€, I have to ask a question:

Is any of the xbox live content region locked, or would it be safe to buy GTAIV - Lost and Damned on the US marketplace and play it with a pal copy?

thanks in advance,
darki :3

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
darkangel5000 said:
Well, hello thar.

Since I have no credit card and I'm way too much of a cheapo to go in a german store and buy 2100 pts for 25€ when I could get them online with a US account for only 17€, I have to ask a question:

Is any of the xbox live content region locked, or would it be safe to buy GTAIV - Lost and Damned on the US marketplace and play it with a pal copy?

thanks in advance,
darki :3

I think only stuff like the films and TV series are region locked, possibly the games on demand as well. I have a US and a EUR account. I use them both on the XBox and I have bought arcade games under my US account that are not available on the EUR account and they play fine logged in with my EUR account.

Dont know if its wise buying addons for games from a differnent region, the code may not be exactly the same as it may be localized, so even if it did work it may not be 100% compatible.

Hachibei

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think DLC is region locked; I remember creating a Japan-based Live account to download some free DLC for Lost Odyssey, and it worked perfectly with my North American copy of the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)