Xbox Live Gold price increase coming November

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Guild McCommunist, Aug 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. injected11

injected11 Crescent Fresh™

Jul 17, 2009
    United States
    It's a 20% fee hike for no reason other than "uh inflation? gimme money".

Send me $10. It's only a few dollars.

2. Guild McCommunist
    OP

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    Actually Microsoft confirmed Kinect will have voice support at launch, the news story before hand was just a false rumor I guess.

Also, stop saying "m$", people who say "m$" are just plain stupid.

3. Joktan

Joktan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 5, 2010
    United States
    In a big mansion...in Rancoon
    They haven't raised the price since 02 right?do you get mad when you have to pay 65 for mw2 rather then 60?No because you want the game right?you want the service pay 10 bucks more for a year or just don't play.

4. Hachibei

Hachibei GBAtemp Fan

Apr 3, 2007
    Canada
    Canada
    ^THIS.

5. jefffisher

jefffisher GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 17, 2006
    United States
    the bandwidth and hardware required to run xbox live have gone down drastically since launch.
    that along with way more users paying and now with competition from psn, they could easily afford to cut the cost by half and still make more profit on it than they did at the beginning.

6. iFish

iFish Slower than a 90s modem

Jul 11, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, QC

7. injected11

injected11 Crescent Fresh™

Jul 17, 2009
    United States
    You don't read many Bobby Kotick quotes, do you. They added that $5 just to see if they could get away with it. They're going to use that as a premise to boost prices more or pull some other bullshit, like the subscription fees for CoD multiplayer that were recently shot down. Paying more and getting nothing more is just stupid.

8. ball2012003

ball2012003 Newbie

They're the fucking same shit. I'm sick and tired of people saying live is better, tell me what are the differences, I own the 360 and ps3 they're the same shit.

9. Joktan

Joktan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 5, 2010
    United States
    In a big mansion...in Rancoon
    Ok I understand what ya mean...

10. _Chaz_

_Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    It's just wrong to raise the price because they can. IF they keep this up, people will switch to PS3 in no time.

If I had an Xbox, this would probably effect me more... Oh well.

11. Justin121994

Justin121994 Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew

Jan 12, 2009
    United States
    Ontario, CA
    Milk it baby milk it .
    lol

12. DeltaBurnt

DeltaBurnt I'm bored

Feb 21, 2009
    United States
    Where intellect matters
    I really wouldn't mind them raising the price if they atleast said why even something like "Are servers need an upgrade which will cost more money per month so we need more money from you guys". Instead they just bump it up for no good reason.

It's like England taxing America without atleast a kind "Hey guys, these French ass holes are really costing a lot to fight. If you could just help us out with some taxes that would be great.". Instead the king just threw the taxes in our faces and then one thing lead to another ... [​IMG]

13. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    when live is FREE i will. it always amuses me just how many idiots pay to use this crap you can get the same thing on psn and a PC and guess what it's ALL FREE! [​IMG]

14. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

GBAtemp Patron
    VashTS is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    i really don't like xbox live. its cool and all, but i would NEVER pay for it. I already pay for internet and the cost of games (which is still cheap for LT'ers). multiplayer gaming does not appeal that much to me, maybe its cause i grew up in the late 80's early 90's. i've been on a pc since 1989, i played the first online game that i ever heard of on the BBS's called jailbreak. maybe i just don't have time for games anymore.

15. Cermage

Cermage GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 2, 2007
    like bandwidth and hardware were ever an issue. its just microsoft making money cause they can. i'd understand if games had dedicated servers, continuous updates for new content for each game and whatnot. but they dont.

16. Blaze163

Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

Nov 19, 2008
    Coventry, UK
    I don't use Xbox Live for reasons just like this. While it is realistically a reasonable price for what we get, the fact that we even have to pay at all is kind of ridiculous since PSN does the exact same thing for free, as does the Wii.

Not to mention that every time I've ventured onto Live I've found it much like Mos Eisley. A wretched hive of scum and villainy. Full of racist douchebag twelve year olds who think they're God's Gift to Gaming but don't know what the fire button is.

17. Guild McCommunist
    OP

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    What does your PC run? Oh, let me guess, fucking Windows.

I'm sick of this shit. You go into threads and you have no clue what you're talking about, you just troll and troll. I suggest you clam shut that trap of yours or grow some maturity. Out of all the members on GBAtemp, you annoy me the most. That's right NarutoFreak, you're off the hook buddy.

I already requested this to be closed. I expected there to be some debating but now it's the same old dance of "fanboys vs. fanboys". Blah blah fucking blah.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.