Xbox Live Arcade

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Sailor, Jun 2, 2008.

Jun 2, 2008

Xbox Live Arcade by Sailor at 10:07 PM (1,358 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Sailor
    OP

Member Sailor GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Ok, so long story short I had 2 $10 Target Coupons, and ended up using then to buy an extra 3 months of Live (yay) and 1600 Microsoft Points. So I loaded them on my 360, then went to check out the Arcade games. Being a "NGame" fan..I instantly bought N+ for 800 points. That's all I really was looking for, or actually, all I knew that was a must-buy for me.

So now I have 800pts left with nothing to do, and I don't have a clue as to which game I should buy. I was thinking Geometry Wars, since everyone was raving about that...but I dunno if it will really last. I mean, what's the point of me paying 400pts when the Trial Game is the same exact thing? :\

Then I thought Castlevania, since I played it a couple times on my Ps1 when I was a kid, but I never knew how to save...so I never even passed 30mins into the game. That seems like a good choice, but I dunno. Is it a long game? Worth it?

If you have any suggestions, please share [​IMG]

2. MaHe

Member MaHe one lazy schmo

Slovenia
    I'd say keep them, if you're not sure. That's what I did, anyways. If you insist on spending them, check their average review scores on MetaCritic and download trial versions of those you find interesting. [​IMG]

3. T-hug

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    Get Castlevania. Having never finished it it will take you ages to get 200/200 and it's just a great game.

4. yardsman

Newcomer yardsman Member

United States
    That new buffed-up Street Fighter 2 will be coming out eventually, and it already looks pretty great. Then again, it will most likely cost more than 800 points, so you'd have to buy another card. [​IMG]

5. LordWill072284

Member LordWill072284 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    yeh i had a few points left over, i'd say assault heroes. Just the first one thou, worth 400 points i believe. great lil game sweet co-op. try the trial out. i only have that and uno [​IMG]

6. DjFIL

Member DjFIL GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    my top 3... all i believe are 800pts...

(Arcade Racing) Grip Shift... great game on PSP and XBLA.
    (Action Puzzle) Poker Smash... awesome puzzle game, like Planet Puzzle League w/ a poker twist.
    (Pinball) Pinball FX... awesome pinball action, i've bought all the extra tables.

7. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    Bomberman Live or Doom are both good choices

8. gekiwolf

Newcomer gekiwolf Advanced Member

Puerto Rico
    You could try switchball, puzzle fighter and lumines (not sure if this one dropped to 800MSP) if you're into puzzles.

Edit: I also agree with Thug4l1f3 Castlevania is a great game. Just download the games mentioned, try em for free and choose the one you like best. Thats whats nice about the xbl arcade