One Scary Lady
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
gallery_24102_883_15599.jpg

According to Xbox360Achievements.org, there is an upcoming update to Microsoft's Achievement Police for Xbox Live Arcade games! Each time there has been an update, they have successfully and legitimately scooped the news, so time will tell if this remains a rumour or not. Currently, an XBLA game can have a maximum of 20 achievements that total 200 gamerscore, and each DLC pack can have a maximum of 5 achievements that total 50 gamerscore up to a maximum of 3 DLC packs. (1 pack per quarter.) That's 35 total possible achievements for a maximum of 350 gamerscore.

Under the new rules, XBLA games will have a maximum of 30 achievements that total 400 gamerscore, and each DLC pack can have a maximum of 8 achievements that total 100 gamerscore up to a maximum of 4 DLC packs. (1 pack per quarter.) That's 62 possible achievements for a maximum of 800 gamerscore.

This comes on the heels of the recent announcement that retail 360 games will be capping out at 2,000 gamerscore.

The new rules come into effect between April 1 and May 31, and becomes mandatory for all games published after June 1.

Update: No longer a rumour, here's the word right from the horse's mouth. (Thanks @[member='prowler'])

:arrow: Source

Zorua

I'm not a furry.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is Gamerscore even relevant anymore?
Ah yes, of course it is. It lets you squeeze that extra bit out of your games and adds replay ability. It's also fun to compare your gamerscore with friends and family and compete to have the highest! It makes me do things that I'd never have even thought of doing in games before. It helps in completing a game 100% thus giving you bang for your buck.

Here's an example. I never even tried out the challenge maps and other extra things in Batman: Arkham City because I didn't really pay attention to them and only bothered with the main story line. When I saw that there were achievements for them, I went ahead and played through every single challenge map and I had a lot of fun.

Achievements also make you go through levels again and again to find collectibles(unless you used a guide).

I could go on and on but I guess I'll stop here. You get the idea. :P

Lily

One Scary Lady
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have moved away from 360 for multiple reasons, and spend my time on PS3 instead -- but I loved achievements and continue to love trophies.

They bring so much more to the experience than just a simple A to B beginning to end affair. They encourage me to do things I wouldn't normally do -- try modes I wouldn't normally try, characters I normally wouldn't bother with. They challenge me to be better (although really, when you're this good.... ;)) and they keep me sharp. I also feel that they're a good indicator of "100%", even when a game doesn't necessarily have a 100% ceiling.

News of more achievements only makes me happy.

Reactions: 2 people

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
This is great news I always check what achievements I can go for after I have finished a game.
I play so many titles it's rare I will play through them more than once but achievements add multiple playthroughs and play styles, as well as hunting for secrets.
Dark Souls was a great example of this as the game is HARD but I got every single achievemnt for 1000/1000. Without those I wouldn't have played it through more than once, instead I played it through 3 times.
Sure it is all for nothing at the end of the day but check out my score, that is 5-6 years worth of achievements!

Zorua

I'm not a furry.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is great news I always check what achievements I can go for after I have finished a game.
I play so many titles it's rare I will play through them more than once but achievements add multiple playthroughs and play styles.
Sure it is all for nothing at the end of the day but check out my score, that is 5 years worth of achievements!
Holy shit. I'm at 11000. You really do buy a lot of games don't you? :P

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm hoping to hit at least 40000 by the end of the year. Gotta get a new 360 first though (banned ATM)

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Achievements are stupidly addicting, so this news is certainly welcome.

Can we also get different notification sounds mixed in? *Bleep Bloop* is classic, sure, but a little variety couldn't hurt either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr