Xbox having problem reading a disc if you play another disc before?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by gaboumafou, Oct 15, 2008.

1. gaboumafou
    OP

Member gaboumafou GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Hello,

Since some days, I realized that my 360 have a strange problem. Whenever my brother play Halo 3 just before I play Fallout 3, the game (Fallout) will be slow and laggy and crash after some time. But if I start Fallout 3 without having played another game before or some times after having played another game, it will play just fine.

At first I thougt it was an overheating problem and I was getting close to a RRoD, but I doubt it: the Xbox is not really hot when I put Fallout 3 in it, and it's the disc drive that make a strange noise when this problem occur.

I don't know if the problem happen with other games, I would need to do more tests...

I know it's not that bad, but it really bug me if everything is not perfect with my consoles (yeah, there's a name for this psychological problem [​IMG]).

So, what is happening? Is my 360 already dying?!

Thanks,

-gaboumafou

PS: I'm talking about "backup" games...

2. gaboumafou
    OP

Canada
    Nobody know what is the problem? It made that yesterday too...! :S

3. kokiri_link

Member kokiri_link GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    That happened to mine. Your drives on its way out dude, i assume its flashed? If so you can just flash your drive key to a new drive and put that in your 360.

4. gaboumafou
    OP

Canada
    Are you sure?! :S

Strangely, if I play Fallout 3 first, then my brother play Halo 3, there is no problem... It look like the drive needs to "rest" before playing Fallout 3, but he's fine with the other games?! I'm really confused... >_>

I also noticed that, at this time, the discs coming out of the drive were pretty hot...