1. GoldenBullet

GoldenBullet That One Guy

United States
    Halo Infinite looks.. generic? Or maybe it just looks like a halo game idk. Hopefully it turns out more interesting.

Nomi20 likes this.
  2. AmandaRose

AmandaRose Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan

United Kingdom
    Hugely disappointed I was expecting this to be like every other Xbox announcement where 98% of the games are FPS. Now I have nothing to moan about as there was a bit of a mix of game styles for once :rofl2:

3. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    Once again there are too many trailers without any gameplay. At least Everwild looks intriguing, even if it's hard to tell what genre it'll be in.

4. MetoMeto

MetoMeto GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    i havent even played all of the PS2 games, let alone PS5 or xbox series x...

5. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

United States
    It is funny how mixed the receptions of all these conferences are.

6. YBI

YBI Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    just tons of sony fanboys

7. GentlemanPotato

GentlemanPotato Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Dragon Quest XI was also announced for Xbox but wasn't shown for some reason

Nomi20 and Zense like this.
  8. YBI

YBI Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    it was shown pre show

9. Xzi

United States
    Or the conference was just so-so because most of the trailers lacked gameplay. Sony is sometimes just as guilty of this.

I always look forward to everything from Obsidian, Psychonauts 2 is a must-buy, and Everwild has potential. But overall I'm definitely glad I didn't watch the livestream and instead just went through some of the trailers afterward.

TheCasualties likes this.
  10. YBI

YBI Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    nah just a ton of fanboys

Xbox showed way more then Sony did and more interesting multiple genre games. Especially looking forward to that Obsiden RPG avowed.

fantastic showcase

11. Xzi

United States
    Showed more of what is the question. Save for games that were revealed previously and have been in development for a long time, it was mostly cinematic teaser trailers. Again, I'm a huge Obsidian fan, so I definitely look forward to seeing more of Avowed as well, but this particular trailer did very little for me. Just looked like Skyrim with (perhaps) a better casting system.

12. MachRc

MachRc GBAtemp Regular

United States
    you know I was thinking that too, and just figured out that once Halo Infinite releases, it will be cross x platform on all the current generations as well.

So its built up from a xbox one s version, and scales up to high res packs and resolution to The One X, and even more onto the Series X .

It a good thing, that you dont have to buy a new system, something MS hasnt shied away from saying how you can play their games on multiple boxes in the future, but maybe that limited its scope in looking pretty..

is the current gen going to hold back the next gen when it comes to MS?

I personally dont think so, as its a matter of resolution, FXAA, MSAA, ambient Occultion , texture packs, shadows, etc,etc,etc
    just how most games are made these day and how scale -able they have become.

Zense likes this.
  13. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

United Kingdom
    I was always skeptical about this 'also playable on Xbox One' bollocks, but I did hear PC gamers going on about how it works there, yadda yadda yadda.... and now we've seen Halo Infinite... Clearly I was right to be skeptical then: no point having the most powerful machine in the world when there's nothing on it to prove that - I'd say at least half of what we saw in the PS5 showcase looked better than that, and that's your flagship title MS??

Fable tho... at least it's real. And Playground Games. Series X/PC only though? And Phil Spencer said all 1st party games also playable on Xbox One for the forseeable? Won't be seing that for a couple of years then: my Series X interest is waning here guys...

14. YBI

YBI Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    avowed looks fucking awesome

can't wait for halo launch day

15. Zense

Zense GBARunner2 config: Touch the touchscreen + press R

Italy
    And yet those being great games, they do not drive sales of the system, which is different from what Nintendo and Playstation's exclusive games do for their systems.

Microsoft's xbox has shown itself entirely capable of surviving without lots of exclusives as long as there are good third party games on it, which is completely fine. I'd rather have an xbox that gives the best experience you can get on a console for that generation's multiplat games than an underpowered system with too few interesting exclusives to warrant a purchase.

In other words, the way I see it you either go the exclusives road or the power road. Hopefully Xbox will nail the power this time, but only time will tell. I sort of got the impression that that's where xbox wants to be with their systems after the One X.

I'd imagine the only big exclusive Xbox titles driving console sales are Halo, Gears of War and Forza.

Last edited by Zense, Jul 23, 2020
  16. YBI

YBI Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Then you'd follow the typical fanboy narrative.

Xbox has more games then PS5. Halo is bigger then anything Sony has. Fable also.

He just brought up a bunch of awesome xbox games and you just wrote them off " thety do not drive sales" lmfao ok

Last edited by YBI, Jul 23, 2020
  17. Agusto101

Agusto101 GBAtemp Fan

Guatemala
    Nice event, I like it.

18. Zense

Zense GBARunner2 config: Touch the touchscreen + press R

Italy
    I hope for your sake it comes back on :yayone:

Anyways, this is getting too negative for what should be a celebration of some great titles being shown.

I'd love to upgrade to the series X since last time I played extensively on an xbox was the OG one, on which I played the awesome titles listed earlier. Would be perfect if I could afford buying both Sony and Microsoft's systems of course.

Last edited by Zense, Jul 23, 2020
  19. GenNaz

GenNaz Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    It's not 2011 anymore. Halo and Fable haven't ruled the roost in so long.

AlexMCS and sawao_yama like this.
  20. thekarter104

thekarter104 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    So no Perfect Dark?

Haven't watched though, not really a fan of Xbox, but only for Perfect Dark if it was there.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - confirmed, Showcase, roundup