Xbox Game Pass for PC is available today

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Ericzander, Jun 9, 2019.

1. alivebacon

alivebacon GBAtemp Regular

Jan 20, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Spiral Mountain
    i have normal gamepass and it works. Just click install

2. NutymcNuty

NutymcNuty Don't drink too much!

Mar 24, 2015
    Canada
    Ottawa, Ontario
    oh, good to know!

3. Sasori

Sasori GBAtemp Addict

Jan 28, 2015
    United States
    So are there two game passes now ? The gamepass from the Xbox store has always worked on pc games in the past

alivebacon likes this.
  4. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

Dec 6, 2008
    United States
    You mean there is no reason for yourself not to subscribe. I can think of plenty reasons why I won't subscribe.

5. NoNAND

NoNAND GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 22, 2015
    Albania
    The other plane of existence
    Hmm.. is this a sign that Xbox as a brand may come to an end for good?

NutymcNuty likes this.
  6. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

Dec 6, 2008
    United States
    I see that it is currently $1 for a month. I guess I can give it a go for 30 days then cancel since there's not really much on that list I care about playing.

lampdemon likes this.
  7. bodefuceta

bodefuceta GBAtemp Fan

Apr 3, 2018
    Brazil
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

How appropriate for a Windows 10-only service

8. spectral

spectral GBAtemp Fan

Nov 10, 2012
    It works for the games that were already part of the old game pass on PC. It doesn't for all the new ones. It has a subscribe to game pass for PC box instead of an install option.

9. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    People should stop bitching. Microsoft said it back then when they first launched their console that they want to join pc and consoles up 2 each other instead of being closed off to people who only own that console. Be happy that they're so pro consumer instead of constantly bitching " what about the exclusives ??? " wake up pc is a microsoft platform plus the upcoming generation is the last generation as we know it as we're already seeing signs even Sony opening up to the idea of a pc based market. The next generation we're about to see is going to be the last console exclusive generation. Everything after that will be purely consoles as streaming boxes or pc boxes. Nothing more or less

Last edited by kumikochan, Jun 9, 2019
  10. spectral

spectral GBAtemp Fan

Nov 10, 2012
    They have definitely been the more pro consumer of the big three this generation. The only thing I think is a little anti consumer is making this a separate sub to the console version.

Earlier in the year they said they'd be improving game pass on PC, they never said they'd be making a separate service. I'm now stuck with a service I dont really want. I picked it up on an Amazon discount ready for when they added extra games. Not the end of the world, but it's a bit of a dick move.

11. kumikochan

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    With that i can agree but i do understand why they would do a different service seeing on xbox itself you still have triple the library of that on pc.

Last edited by kumikochan, Jun 9, 2019
  12. Vanth88

Vanth88 Private

Oct 1, 2007
    United States
    Florida
    Last edited by Vanth88, Jun 9, 2019
  13. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Briefly seen some of the comments thank fk I just hav a ps4 and switch

14. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

Dec 6, 2008
    United States
    How in the HELL does one navigate to the list of games available on PC Game Pass? I've tried a bunch of different links on the page and it's a complete mess. This is why I hate XBox. It's user interface is complete GARBAGE & this is no different. I paid. My account lists the PC Game Pass, and while I am by CHANCE able to locate some of the titles mentioned.... many of them are still saying I need to purchase them & are only available with XBOX Game Pass, not PC Game Pass.

After my first experience, I can say there's not a chance in hell I'm renewing.

Blake5100 likes this.
  15. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    IS THIS already available in Europe?

16. kumikochan

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    Well 4 Euro a month in Europe is a steal
    not having the problems you listed. All the xbox game pass games are listed as owned in the microsoft store over here. I'm guessing you're doing it through the website wich also lists the xbox one games. You need to go through the microsoft store app

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

yeah 1 euro this month and 4 euro the month after. Atleast Microsoft knows the value of each currency and doesn't replace the dollar sign with a euro sign

17. alivebacon

alivebacon GBAtemp Regular

Jan 20, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Spiral Mountain
    There isn't a shown list, but the OP created a list.
    What the actual fuck? You're not renewing SIMPLY BECAUSE YOU CAN'T GET A LIST? I know it sucks, but that's going too far.

Dartz150 likes this.
  18. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

Dec 6, 2008
    United States
    Thanks. I just figured this out from a story on another site about the PC Game Pass. I needed to download the XBox Beta app in the Microsoft Store. As even going to the individual titles in the store would not let me download them. :)

I was referring to the list where you can actually click on a title to download it. Not a text list. Regardless, it's been figured out but next time maybe ask for clarification if you don't understand what someone is asking. I was looking on the Game Pass page and the navigation there is HORRENDOUS. So I went to the Microsoft Store and browsed for some individual titles on the list in the OP. Nope, had to pay or have an XBox Game Pass. Not until reading an article on a different site did I learn that a separate app needed to be downloaded.

19. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo G'nome

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Uhh, no, you don't. The standard Microsoft Store is all you need to download game pass games. I just installed Shenmue I & II from it, didn't need the XBOX Beta app.

You're probably not logged into the store with the correct account that you activated gamepass on.

D34DL1N3R likes this.
  20. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

Dec 6, 2008
    United States
    This. I don't think I was logged in with the right account in the MS Store. Going to just use the app though because in the store when I choose Browse All Games/Subscription Type=Game Pass, it doesn't show everything available. For example, Shenmue and Vampyr aren't listed. With the app it's MUCH easier to see every single game included with the PC pass all on a single page.