Xbox Fitness announced, coming holiday 2013

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 3,584
  • Replies 41

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Going to honest I never thought of this as a rip-off myself, I was just interested in wondering if there was demand for it. Not implying it was bad, good, ect. Now that I know there is a demand, then I am cool and off to enjoy my night.

The second part of my reply was just a general rant targeted at no one in particular, just the folks who came in here with that mentality.

Reactions: The Catboy

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I've got to be honest: if they could make a decent "game" on Shotokan Karate, I'd buy it instantly (though I have to stretch the word decent...it's not like it's going to replace going to the dojo).

For anything else...I don't see the issue people seem to have with it. Rather the contrary: finally something that actually USES the kinect.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny thing is, While all of you may knock it at the moment, fitness games market very well on consoles.
For example, Wii fit, Dance Central, Just Dance, Zumba fitness etc make a pretty penny. I don't see why people have to knock the fitness games so much

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For the record there have already been quite a few kinect and similar such things driven exercise/personal trainer games over the last few years, a lot of the dance games will have such things in, way prior to the Wii balance board stuff there were basic kits that included a few things, workout tapes have been a thing since the VHS days and there have been TV workouts as part of morning or daytime programming for even longer.
Indeed they are probably the things to get the most use out of kinect.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I can't wait for Xbox /Fit/ness.

Finally, people can ask if I even lift, talk about tfw no gf, keto a-go-go, and praise the glories of Rippetoe, all from the comfort of the living room!

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
There have been fitness games and fitness software long before Wii Fit and the balance board. And interactivity and feedback wasn't introduced by Nintendo either, games that look at your jelly rolls and judge you existed before Wii Fit. Like TwinRetro said, Nintendo did not invent fitness training software.

Finally, people can ask if I even lift, talk about tfw no gf, keto a-go-go, and praise the glories of Rippetoe, all from the comfort of the living room!
And worship Zyzz, nohomo. [/oatzandsqwatz]

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny thing is, While all of you may knock it at the moment, fitness games market very well on consoles.
For example, Wii fit, Dance Central, Just Dance, Zumba fitness etc make a pretty penny. I don't see why people have to knock the fitness games so much

Just Dance and Dance Central aren't fitness games, they're party games.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just Dance and Dance Central aren't fitness games, they're party games.
Only reason I lump them in is the fact that many school gyms and recreational centers do use those games for fitness purposes.
My younger brothers school uses just dance during their PE classes, as did my old high school.
So they're a bit of both really~

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Omninox

GBATemp's™ Retired Cheats Compiler
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So much of hate for no reason....
Everyone keeps saying how it's not a game and blabbering on about wii fit. As a Nintendo and Sony fanboy, who never really saw the xbox as appealing in any way, i think this is a brilliant idea.
Fair enough it's not a game and i personally wouldn't use this myself, as i prefer cycling and parkour, but are we forgetting that consoles are used for many other purposes now?
Where's the hate about using our consoles to watch movies? to use internet?
It's allowing people who wish to be healthy to take that step forward. Especially if they wish to do so with support.
Now i'm not going to say "omgggg!!! it's the best thing everrr!". However, i think people should wait till the precision of the sensors and efficiency is first seen and tested.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    Veho @ Veho: Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.