xbox bricked

popchym

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,
I tried to softmod my xbox and I am screwed on it. So now when I turned it on the is the Microsoft warning about the xbox need to go to service. Can anyone help me with direction what I should do to fix it.

Thanks

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
It would probably help if you gave a little more details about what you did, which programs you used and if you deviated at all from a standard installation routine.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Softmod huh. While I agree with xist that we would appreciate some more info:
My guess is you did not copy both files of the softmod, there is one small file that triggers the hack and another that is the actual installer/base files.
A standard copy tends to only select the first file for whatever reason.

Failing that grab something called slayer's evox auto install.

Failing that:
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=167408

godsakes

Trophies
XP
Country
popchym said:
Hi all,
I tried to softmod my xbox and I am screwed on it. So now when I turned it on the is the Microsoft warning about the xbox need to go to service. Can anyone help me with direction what I should do to fix it.

Thanks
try to play a game which has an update (even things the star wars 3 bonus DVD has a demo for battlefront which will update your xbox, i know because i unwittingly wiped my softmod by playing it LOL) - if you can get it to update it will restore the xbox to it's normal state then you can redo the softmod

i would recommend downloading a copy of the AID disc, once you've got the softmod installed run it and it'll do the hard work of installing xbmc and emulators/programs

IOS37

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
godsakes said:
popchym said:
Hi all,

Thanks
try to play a game which has an update (even things the star wars 3 bonus DVD has a demo for battlefront which will update your xbox, i know because i unwittingly wiped my softmod by playing it LOL) - if you can get it to update it will restore the xbox to it's normal state then you can redo the softmod

i would recommend downloading a copy of the AID disc, once you've got the softmod installed run it and it'll do the hard work of installing xbmc and emulators/programs

wow softmods suck
TSOP=

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning