XBox Arcade?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by webjedi, Nov 22, 2007.

Nov 22, 2007

XBox Arcade? by webjedi at 10:36 PM (990 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. webjedi
    OP

Member webjedi GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Won the Amazon drawing today to be able to purchase an XBox 360 Arcade for $217. Is that a good deal? Do you really a hard drive for 360? Also noticed I can buy a 20GB HD for $89 on Amazon. Should I do the XBox Arcade and get a HD? Or are there other differences between the Arcadde and other Xbox versions? I do NOT have any HDTVs if that is a difference.

Spent the last 1/2 hr looking around but can't seem to find the answers... any help is great ly apprecaited as the deal dies in a few hours...

Thanks and happy T-Day.

2. legendofphil

Member legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

United Kingdom
    IMO the HDD is required (though *all* games are playable with only a memory card). But that is a good deal, the RRP of the Arcade is $279.99.
    The Premium is much better value, not only do you get the HDD but a composite/component cable (for HD), a shitty headset and an ethernet cable (plus a few little things like a chrome drive).

3. sekhu

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    well, MS did state that games will be playable on all versions of their xbox and not be HDD dependent, so if you buy the core, you will still be able to play the games without the HDD. HDD is mostly for additional content, downloads and the like. You don't need it, but if you want downloadable content and xbox live arcade games then you should get one with it.

correct me if I'm wrong peeps, as my information is a little hazy [​IMG]

4. legendofphil

Member legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

United Kingdom
    You also need the HDD if you want to play xbox games on a 360.

5. xflash

Member xflash Local Ninja

Norway
    you should definetivly get a premium instead. a 360 is next to useless without a hd compared to a 360 that has one

6. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    I just want to add that you can get a 120gb HDD for not much more than the price of the 20gb one...apparently not in Amazon, but look around, I've seen them at 109.2 dollars.

7. webjedi
    OP

Member webjedi GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thanks for the great info provided so quickly - as always this forum is the best. [​IMG]

Planning on ordering. With a HD the total is $306 - seems like a good deal.

Any known mod'ing issues between the Arcade and other Xbox's? Arcade is basically just an XBox without HD right? Are there any strange chipset issues with the Arcade (i.e. such as the DC2 not being mod'able with the Wii for a while)?

8. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    The harddrive also comes in handy if you want to download demos. You can't get the real XBL experience without the harddrive.