Xbox announces Summer Game Fest Demo event, with over 60 new playable game demos

xbone.jpg

Partnering with Geoff Keighley's Summer Game Fest, Xbox announced the Summer Game Fest Demo event. It will offer Xbox One owners the opportunity to try more than 60 brand-new game demos for upcoming, unreleased Xbox games for free. Among these demos are those for Souls-like Hellpoint, Destroy All Humans!, Haven and Cris Tales.

These demos will only be up on the Xbox Dashboard for a week and reflect work-in-progress games which might not reflect the final version. Xbox's announcement compares them to to “show floor demos” that attendees to games event could try.

The Summer Games Fest Demo Event will be live on Xbox One from July 21 to July 27. Look for the special Game Fest Demo tile on the Xbox One Dashboard on that week to find the collection of available demos. A full list of the playable demos will be available closer to the 21st.

:arrow: SOURCE

Kraken_X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Steam demos a few weeks back were actually pretty great. I found quite a few new games I enjoyed, wishlisted several and bought a few originals that had demo sequels.

With thousands of game releases a day and most of them looking very similar, it is critical that developers start releasing more demos and make them permanent. Ideally your save transfers to the full game or you get some other benefit in the full game for finishing the demo too, so that you get a return on your time if you purchase.

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Partnering with Geoff Keighley's Summer Game Fest, Xbox announced the Summer Game Fest Demo event. It will offer Xbox One owners the opportunity to try more than 60 brand-new game demos for upcoming, unreleased Xbox games for free. Among these demos are those for Souls-like Hellpoint, Destroy All Humans!, Haven and Cris Tales.

These demos will only be up on the Xbox Dashboard for a week and reflect work-in-progress games which might not reflect the final version. Xbox's announcement compares them to to “show floor demos” that attendees to games event could try.

The Summer Games Fest Demo Event will be live on Xbox One from July 21 to July 27. Look for the special Game Fest Demo tile on the Xbox One Dashboard on that week to find the collection of available demos. A full list of the playable demos will be available closer to the 21st.

:arrow: SOURCE
oh sweet more xbox series x-
"Xbox One"
nevermind folks, nothing to see here

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm maybe I'm the only one but I never played a Demo of a game ever. I guess I would be kinda pissed off if the demo was really good and I couldn't continue the game and had to wait for months.

I DO wish I had a demo of Pokemon Isle of Armor it would have saved me my $30 bucks

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know Steam got there first, but this is still good news, and one that I hope spills over to camp Sony and Nintendo eventually too (especially with E3 dying a death, virus or not)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over