Xbox and Bethesda E3 2021 press conference roundup - new Arkane-developed IP announced

Day 2 of E3 2021 is here, and now it's time for one of the biggest names to show us what they've got. Xbox and Bethesda will be doing their first press conference as a combined company, merging two live stream events into one. You can expect to see Halo, Game Pass reveals, and whatever Todd Howard is cooking up, when the show begins at 10am PT. Be sure to check when the press conference begins in your time by using the E3 countdown clock on the front page! As always, GBAtemp will be covering the event live, so you can easily keep up to date with every single bit of news.

:arrow: If you want the best of both worlds, you can watch along with us on Twitch, where we'll be giving live commentary.

Live Coverage

It begins with Starfield. November 11, 2022 is when the game releases. It will be on Game Pass, will also be Xbox and PC exclusive.

Stalker 2 will come first to Xbox and PC. 4K raytracing, launches next year as well. April 28th.

Back4Blood has a new trailer. Swarm mode PVP. Human vs zombie modes. October 12.

Avalanche Studios presents a new game. It's co-op, open world. Contraband. Another Game Pass game.

Sea of Thieves is next. Jack Sparrow is being added to the game. Free DLC, releases June 22nd.

Yakuza: Like a Dragon is coming to Game Pass.

Pre-alpha gameplay for Battlefield 2042, 128-player gameplay.

Annapurna. Twelve Minutes has a launch date now, August 19th.

Psychonauts 2. August 15th.

10 new Bethesda games added to Game Pass. Including Fallout 1 and 2 on PC. Doom Eternal will run 120fps on the Series X.

Fallout 76. The latest expansion will focus on the Brotherhood. Steel Reign, July 7th. Fallout 76 will also get an expansion involving The Pitt, launching in 2022.

Elder Scrolls Online optimized for the Series X|S.

Party Animals is a game where you fight other animals and mess around with derpy physics.

Hades launches on disc on August 13th. Also coming to Game Pass.

Somerville is a new game, it has horror elements.

Halo Infinite's multiplayer will be free. 120fps gameplay. Both the campaign and multiplayer will launch together "This Holiday"

Blizzard has a game to show now. On September 9th, Diablo II will launch. Cross progression. 8 player co-op.

A Plague Tale: Requiem launches 2022.

New Far Cry 6 footage. October 7th.

Slime Rancher 2 releases 2022.

Unleash shredaggedon in a new snowboarding game. Shredders launches December 2021.

Atomic Heart is a new game with lots of jumping around and explosions.

2D sprites are in a realistic world in Replaced, out 2022.

More updates and content are in the pipeline for Obsidian's Grounded.

15 player lobbies, new maps, Xbox release, coming soon to Among Us.

Eiyuden Chronicle shows off some story and gameplay. There's also a spinoff game. Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising comes 2022, Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes launches 2023.

The Ascent launches this July.

October 28th for Age of Empires IV, PC exclusive.

The Outer Worlds will get a sequel.

Microsoft Flight Sim shows off some new beautiful footage. Coming to Series in July. Free expansion, Top Gun crossover.

New Forza. Forza Horizon 5 launches November. This will be the biggest open world yet. The setting is Mexico. There is individual needles on trees are animated. You can find street art. The locations are hyper-detailed and accurate to reality. Rainforests, beaches, towns. There's an arcade mode where you mow down pinatas, bowling, or you can made your own minigame modes.

Xbox exclusive. Arkane is developing. Post-apocalyptic. There are vampires. Cryo guns, harpoons, and other weapons are shown. Redfall, launches summer 2022.

Announcement Highlights

• Starfield will be Xbox/PC exclusive, launches on November 11, 2022.
  • Stalker 2 launches April 28th
  • Contraband is a new game from the Just Cause devs. It's co-op.
  • Two new Fallout 76 expansions, revolving around the Brotherhood and The Pitt.
  • Halo Infinite launches this Holiday
  • Diablo II launches on September 9th.
  • A Plague Tale: Requiem announced.
  • Age of Empires IV launches October 28th.
  • Slime Rancher is getting a sequel next year.
  • Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising is a spinoff coming in 2022, the real game Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes launches 2023.
  • The Outer Worlds 2 announced.
  • Forza Horizon 5 is out this November.
  • Redfall is a new co-op game from Arkane. 2022 Summer.

x65943

hunger games round 29 big booba winner
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't expect nothing from the least creative gaming force right now.

If they do a good show, I'll happily swallow my words.
You don't expect anything from Bethesda? They have been working on Starfield for years at this point

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I hope they announce Starfield will release this year

And maybe just give us another teaser for ES6
This! We know we're not gonna see ESVI for a while, fair do's, but Starfield I'd hope for end of the year! And yeah, we could do with at least seeing something extra ESVI-wise.
To be honest though, I'm more looking forward to some of the other studios, especially Playground: they've smashed the competition with their Forza Horizon games, I want to see FH5, and what they can do with Fable..

Reactions: x65943

x65943

hunger games round 29 big booba winner
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rare entered in a creative blackout since it's aquisition, so..........

...better not expect nothing good and be surprised aftwards...
Yes, but they have already been working on Starfield about 6 years - so I really don't think M$ has had time to sink its studio destroying teeth in yet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: @AncientBoi I'm going to outright block you now.