OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When will microsoft learn they are just like sega use to be before they had to retire, and now there's a new system comming out? It's not like they actually did anything with what they have out now, but i guess they have money to waste. Microsoft likes to give up easily just like sega did plus the 360 hasn't even been out 2 years yet, and nobody want's to hear about a new system when it's not needed.

P.S Im glad i didn't buy one
grog.gif

sage_inferno

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
there planning,nothing new
ms is reconstructing the 360 as of now
-65nm cpus (colder cpu simple term)
-and by holidays 2007 maybe a built in hddvd..(some taiwanese semiconductor source)..

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've been very pleased with both the xbox and xbox 360. The xbox is very easy to mod - softmod, 200gb harddrive and XBMC to stream movies. The xbox 360 I've flashed the drive chip and can now play backups. Its just a shame theirs still so many sony fanboys that will pick the PS3 over the xbox 360.

Foppzter

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Remember when Sega released model 2 of the Master System, the Genesis and the Sega CD?
Remember when Sony released the slim model of PS1 and PS2?
It is the EXAKT same thing, with one exception.
Microsoft are keeping the same case.

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
there planning,nothing new
ms is reconstructing the 360 as of now
-65nm cpus (colder cpu simple term)
-and by holidays 2007 maybe a built in hddvd..(some taiwanese semiconductor source)..

I'm pretty sure 65nm means it's going to be SMALLER, not colder. And, that HD-DVD built in comment is mere hearsay, Microsoft is really plugging this "You have an option" thing. So, even if they did bung it in, the "Premium" package would still be around, and probably at a lower price, too.

And, LOADS of consoles have gone under upgrades. Even the generation winners. NES 1 and NES 2, Master System 1 and Master System 2, Mega Drive 1 and MegaDrive 2, Playstation 1 and PSone, Playstation 2 and PStwo. Gameboy and Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Advance and Gameboy Advance SP/Micro, Nintendo DS and DS Lite. Those are the consoles and handhelds provided by the big 4 that have undergone redesigns. Redesigns have gone on all the time. And in regards to Microsoft's internal redesign of the current hardware, it will stay the EXACT same in terms of power, just redesigned chips so the console is cheaper to produce, so the cost of the console at retail is cheaper, too.

Who wouldn't want that?

EDIT: And Why compare Microsoft to Sega, when Sega had lost 4 console battles in a row before finally giving in and Microsoft lost a late entry into the game? That's pretty stupid, lol.

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MS are probably in R&D for their new console (after the 360, so 5 years-ish), maybe even a handheld that they claim isn't on the way aswell. It probably isn't that far into the process and if the Wii is popular it will swing research in that direction.
Nintendo will probably start R&D on theirs next year once the Wii launch is safely away.
It takes years of R&D to make a console and they usually start once one system is in the shops.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You forgot about the toploading SNES, The Teej.

Really, though, this isn't even a redesign. Unlike the Genesis 2 or the DS Lite, the end user probably won't be able to tell the difference. The only reason for this is so that MS can manufacture more units for less money.

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country

Really, though, this isn't even a redesign. Unlike the Genesis 2 or the DS Lite, the end user probably won't be able to tell the difference. The only reason for this is so that MS can manufacture more units for less money.

I thought the SNES *was* top loading?

Scorpin200

Iceman
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nobody is bashing anyone just find the article, and i could care less about microsoft since they started this charging for software shit back when they were nothing. They have a long way to go before they as bad as sega though, but it's pretty much the same path since they are dead in japan....gba, gamebcube are beating them
huh.gif
. Sony just couldn't get their system right from the start i mean how many versions of the same thing have you seen for a whole generation that beats all of nintendo's gameboy variations?

P.S Next month either of them will be able to stand against nintendo.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Everyone is forgetting about the Genesis 3. Wasn't there also a Genesis 4? Maybe. Too lazy to research it.

And I'm loving my 360 right now, kicks ass.

Extreme Coder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
I don't think the Xbox 360 will be going the way of the DreamCast anyway soon. It seems like Microsoft is playing their cards right in this gen I guess, while Sony are NOT. I am truly hoping for Microsoft to beat Sony, but for Nintendo to beat them all
biggrin.gif
I know a lot of people(including me,but that's next year
smile.gif
) who will go for a Wii60 solution
wink.gif

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I thought the SNES *was* top loading?

The SNES was always top-loading, but I believe he was referring to the fact that you forgot the SNES had a model 1 & model 2. The model 2 was still on sale throughout 1996 at retailers that carried game products - in some cases, right along side the N64. The model 2 SNES with pack-in Yoshi's Island 2 was a tasty, tasty treat.

QUOTE(seja_8 @ Oct 25 2006, 07:58 PM)
Everyone is forgetting about the Genesis 3. Wasn't there also a Genesis 4? Maybe. Too lazy to research it.

Yes, there was indeed a Genesis model 3. No higher though.
smile.gif

Scorpin200

Iceman
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nobody forgot about any of the versions of the sega genesis consoles it's just they rather it never existed
smile.gif
, but that system had the most failed versions of basically the same thing...32x anyone.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I still find the name "Xbox 360" hilarious. I mean, did Microsoft even think about this? 360 is a full circle. So that would put them right back where they started.
rofl2.gif

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I still find the name "Xbox 360" hilarious. I mean, did Microsoft even think about this? 360 is a full circle. So that would put them right back where they started.
rofl2.gif

Well, not really. Because Microsoft sees the gamer in the middle, and they are surrounded by all the amazing features of the 360.

Nobody forgot about any of the versions of the sega genesis consoles it's just they rather it never existed
smile.gif
, but that system had the most failed versions of basically the same thing...32x anyone.

I own (and my brother [older] still plays) a genesis with a 32X and a CD and over 70 games. It kicks ass.

Scorpin200

Iceman
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The only thing that made 32x half way decent was the fact that it had a alright version of doom, and there are other versions of the genesis that people never saw or hear of before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things