Not open for further replies.

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Hello there,
I've finally managed to get my game to run on the 360!

I've done a good progress on writing the engine and the map editor.
Now I don't want to make any more progress until I find a graphic designer to help me with the sprites.
Working on the graphics is a lot of work, and since I can't draw I've been using existing sprites & tiles from Zelda Minish Cap.
For obvious copyright issues I won't be able to publish the game with these graphics so I'll need replacement ones!

If you think you can help (this is a serious project btw, it involves money
biggrin.gif
) please let me know!
~Costello

Digeman

Trophies
XP
Country
NOWAI dude that is so awesome!
blink.gif
Didn't know you could get the 360 to play homebrew!

Oh and if ya need any help with writing i'm the go to man
wink.gif

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I might be able to help. Tell me what you need to get drawn and I'll see what I can do. Give me one or two at first, so you can see if you like them or not.

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I need graphics designers most. Ace accepted to help with the writing already so I think we'll be good.
We need talented and serious people as this will be a paid job (you get a share of the profit)
smile.gif

If you think you can help, please show a mock up of a 32*32 sprite that we could use in replacement for Link (the main character, from Zelda games)

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Costello said:
I need graphics designers most. Ace accepted to help with the writing already so I think we'll be good.
We need talented and serious people as this will be a paid job (you get a share of the profit)
smile.gif

If you think you can help, please show a mock up of a 32*32 sprite that we could use in replacement for Link (the main character, from Zelda games)
What kind of characters are you looking for..what theme, etc. ?

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, i'd love to join in. Lemme know what kinda pixel art you want (i see 32*32, if you want the character link-esque, i'll start on something soon (today even heh)). Lets see what we can do
smile.gif

playallday

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Costello said:
smile.gif

Well thanks
tongue.gif
! Na, I get it.

I'll try doing link for you. Now, am I remaking link (from nothing, so I don't break copyright) or am I making something totally new?

Also I should point out that I will not be the one drawing it, I'm getting one of my friends to do it. I'm just scanning it in and coloring it!

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Alright gentlemen!
Here's an update on things!
A couple of people have accepted to work on the project already.

Graphics
Tommy_T: sprites & character design
WildWon: backgrounds/maps/tiles design

Story & Writing
Ace Gunman: story, writing, dialogs, everything

We still do need a couple more people though.
We need a graphic designer that will take care of the art work. That is, someone who will design things like the splash screen, menus, large drawings of the characters, character avatars, etc. (as opposed to pixel art).
We'd also need someone to take care of the audio: background musics and sound effects. If I can't find someone to help with this I'll probably do it myself.

playallday: send me anything you want and I'll tell you if it suits our standards
smile.gif
thanks

playallday

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Costello said:
We need a graphic designer that will take care of the art work. That is, someone who will design things like the splash screen, menus, large drawings of the characters, character avatars, etc. (as opposed to pixel art).
I (or I guess my friend
tongue.gif
) is a better at that kind of stuff. I'll send you one of his works sometime this week (or sooner).

EDIT: This isn't the type you want but its the only thing I had on hand. This was done free hand. Just something he had in the sketch book, not trying to sell it
wink.gif
. Let me know what you think by PM.

Art2.png

Raki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
well...you want to distribute this in a commercial way? isn't the zelda series protected by some copyright? you could get into trouble if you use those characters and look-a-like sprites

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Raki said:
well...you want to distribute this in a commercial way? isn't the zelda series protected by some copyright? you could get into trouble if you use those characters and look-a-like sprites

laugh.gif
I bet you haven't read anything I said (in the blog article & the video)
smile.gif

Anyway, here's the current team!

Story and writing
Ace Gunman
Costello

Graphics
Tommy_T
WildWon
Zarcon (TBC)

Audio
WildWon
Costello

Code
Costello

I've made some progress on the engine, I can now animate the background with objects such as torchs and stuff!
Doing pretty well atm. I can't wait to try our own sprites & maps.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zomg i be the testerzzzz but instead of actual work ill just play the game once and not give any real feedback

Actually if you do want a tester I'm good at finding glitches usually. This thing looks interesting.

(as long as I don't need any unobtainable hardware and I can play the game directly from the XNA emulator or whatever it has)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    the vram is one advantage when it comes to AI but ends up being slower even with that and really AI is the only use case that needs more than 12gb vram right now
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Interesting lol
    I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the one case where the 7900XT and XTX pulled ahead (minus RTX of course)
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to...