Gaming Xbox 360 with falcon chip

bangchikipupu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys I am planning to buy a current gen system this christmas which is the xbox 360 with falcon chip. but i have some questions

1. does the falcon chip completely fixes the RROD? if not how big is my chance to get a RROD on falcon chips assuming that the chance on non falcon chips are roughly 20-30%

2. Can i send dead units to microsoft even though im from philippines?

3. whats the best cd rom drive for the 360 now

4. is it ok to play games tru SDTV
smile.gif
or if not can i play it tru my monitor?

5. can I play US games on asian version or japanese version or vice versa. and can i change the menu of japanese version to english? whats the difference between each version anyway aside from volatge?

thanks for those who answer my question and im sorry if its been ask before
sorry for my english
smile.gif

happy holidays to everyone

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
1. There's some people claiming that the new XBOX360 does the RROD in form of 2 Red Lights and 2 Green Lights. Dunno about the chance.

2. Don't know, better wait some other reply
smile.gif

3. I think that the old Toshiba-Samsung is still the best.

4. Yeah, SDTV works fine. If you want to play games on your monitor, you have to buy a specific VGA Cable for 360.

5. Yes, but only if the game is REGION FREE. The better way to check that is this: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-00-3-xbox360...uide-49-en.html. They're pretty much the same, only the voltage changes. If I remember correctly, you can change the language in the console settings.

Happy holidays to you
biggrin.gif

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys I am planning to buy a current gen system this christmas which is the xbox 360 with falcon chip. but i have some questions

1. does the falcon chip completely fixes the RROD? if not how big is my chance to get a RROD on falcon chips assuming that the chance on non falcon chips are roughly 20-30%

2. Can i send dead units to microsoft even though im from philippines?

3. whats the best cd rom drive for the 360 now

4. is it ok to play games tru SDTV
smile.gif
or if not can i play it tru my monitor?

5. can I play US games on asian version or japanese version or vice versa. and can i change the menu of japanese version to english? whats the difference between each version anyway aside from volatge?

thanks for those who answer my question and im sorry if its been ask before
sorry for my english
smile.gif

happy holidays to everyone

1. It's unknown if the Falcon chip helps RRoD long-term, but it certainly improves the chances of not RRoDing at the very least. Also your chances of getting one are quite slim as the majority of Xbox 360 consoles on the market right now do not have the Falcon motherboard/65nm chipset. I suggest you do what I'm doing and wait until several months after Christmas. For you see, the less tech-savvy consumers will buy out all the bad stock at Christmas, which then allows Microsoft to ship in the new and improved Falcon models thus improving the chances of getting one by an exponential amount.

Also, I've only ever heard of the Falcon's being available in North America. I have no idea if they manufacture them in your location yet.

2. I'm not certain, they may or may not have a repair policy in your area.

3. Popular opinion still varies between the Hitachi and the BenQ, it's really a matter of personal preference.

4. Are you asking if you can play Xbox 360 games in SDTV mode on an SDTV? If so, yes.

5. Not naturally. But you may be able to do so by modding/flashing the console, but I have little experience in that area so I cannot say for sure.

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
5. Not naturally. But you may be able to do so by modding/flashing the console, but I have little experience in that area so I cannot say for sure.
You can only do that with an Infectus modchip or with a strange procedure which I don't remember now. You have to downgrade your kernel to a vulnerable one, and then you can change the region setting in your X360. It's a very difficult operation, as you have to solder a lot of points on your motherboard.

Are you sure about the Hitachi-LG? I always heard that it was the worst one between the three
unsure.gif

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Are you sure about the Hitachi-LG? I always heard that it was the worst one between the three
unsure.gif

It really really varies from person to person, but on the whole I've heard more people speak kindly of the BenQ and Hitachi when it comes to speed and/or noise.

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

bangchikipupu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks guys Im asking this because im putting down almost 500 us$ on this console and i just want to make sure that in the end i will have no regrets or anything and I apreciate the help. Looks like a no buy for me then, RROD is my primary concern and here I thought MS already fix this
smile.gif

@raulpica - thanx for the link, i didnt know that some games are region locked btw is there any benefit on "region locking" games?
@ ace gunman - the store that was selling me a 360 had a falcon chip or at least i can tell from its box. and about that sdtv thing I was asking if its bearable to play games on SDTV (oldschool TV) because some thread that i read said bisoshock sucks on those tv.

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
thanks guys Im asking this because im putting down almost 500 us$ on this console and i just want to make sure that in the end i will have no regrets or anything and I apreciate the help. Looks like a no buy for me then, RROD is my primary concern and here I thought MS already fix this
smile.gif

@raulpica - thanx for the link, i didnt know that some games are region locked btw is there any benefit on "region locking" games?
@ ace gunman - the store that was selling me a 360 had a falcon chip or at least i can tell from its box. and about that sdtv thing I was asking if its bearable to play games on SDTV (oldschool TV) because some thread that i read said bisoshock sucks on those tv.
I've bought an already RRODed one for a my friend and I repaired it
tongue.gif
He paid only 150$
wink.gif

There's absolutely no vantage, except playing them on the correct region console
wink.gif

I also tried some minutes ago Need For Speed: ProStreet on my SDTV, pretty good image. I also have an HDTV, and the difference is noticeable, but on a SDTV is absolutely good anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night