Gaming Xbox 360..should I buy it?

Tragedies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm currently in the proccess of selling my Wii. It's modded, two controllers, original packaging etc etc. I'm hoping to get about 500 for it (key word is hoping).

Anyway, I'm sure this will buy my atleast a 360 Pro and Halo 3, and with the included Xbox Live Gold for a month, that should get me going. However, last I checked on the status of a 360 was months ago, and was just recently curious on the stability.

Has the 360 at all improved over the past few months? Or are RRODs still very common? Do you guys reccomend buying now or waiting? I've been hearing of price drops and such, but also hearing these are fake.

Any help is always appreciated.

-mikey

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes, there is 2 new version coming out later on.There was 3 but 'Opus' was spotted in Repair consoles.

Ther two versions are:

Jasper, Jasper will be released in late 2008 to introduce the 65 nm GPU and reduce the cost and power usage further and Valhalla, A future version that will have both the CPU and GPU on a single die.

http://beta.ivancover.com/wiki/index.php/Xbox_360_Revisions

Tragedies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That's pretty cool.

So no approx. release of Valhalla?

Either way, I'll probably wait for Jasper. I'll look up more ifnormation on it.

Thanks for the info.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No, there is no date for Valhalla.

If i was you i'd buy one right now, You will get falcon and that is reported to less RROD. I have a falcon and it has been fine for 4 months now.

Tragedies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I'll keep that in mind.

So confusing, though sometimes. Buy now, or wait. Buy, or wait. Pros and cons for each side, you know.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If you're planning on modding it, it's gonna be buy older model (as in older than Lite-On drive ones) now, as your chances of getting a flashable drive is decreasing. (Waiting for Lite-On drives to become flashable may or may not require extreme patience =P)

If you're not planning on modding it, it's gonna be buy 60GB model now. When your console RRODs, it's likely MS will replace it with a newer board model 360.
(Core/Premium got discontinued at the time newer boards were introduced AFAIK. If you send in a RROD'ed Core/Premium, they ship you back a console with modified newer board that doesn't have a HDMI port. Yes these cheapasses bothered designing a modified board for obsolete models because they don't want to give you free HDMI port =P)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM