Hardware Xbox 360 S shows red light after few seconds , but boot fine to Xell

lkarthas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,
I have a modded black Xbox 360 S and it was running fine until a week ago. Now I can't get it to boot to dashboard. When I try to turn it on the light on the xbox 360 turns green then red after few seconds. However, when I try to turn it on by pressing the eject button, it can boot fine and the Xell Reloaded screen shows up.
Can someone tell me what is wrong with my 360? Thank you.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Disconnect everything and leave it off for 10 minutes orso (including the PSU from the wallplug) and try again.
Try booting it without the HDD inserted and without any USB attached to it?
Does it return with any E error? return with any 4 digit error on the ROL?

lkarthas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disconnect everything and leave it off for 10 minutes orso (including the PSU from the wallplug) and try again.
Try booting it without the HDD inserted and without any USB attached to it?
Does it return with any E error? return with any 4 digit error on the ROL?

I've tried everything. Taking the hard drive out, disconnect everything and leave it off for a day still gives me the same red light. The screen goes black when the console has red light, and it has a single red dot (no light on the ROL).
I tried with another PSU, same result. I also tried to start up without a video cable. This seems to work without red dot , but as soon as I plug in a hdmi or av cable the green light turn red
As I mentioned before, the xbox 360 boot fine to Xell Reloaded by pressing the eject button so I don't think this is av cable or psu issue.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure about a slim, but removing the av cable on a fat will cause four flashing lights. if it's partly connected, you'll get a pseudo rrod. I think red dot of death is the same thing. have you tried reflashing? you can through xell.

lkarthas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm following this tutorial to reflash my NAND. Is it correct?

What version of XeBuild should I use? The older official version xeBuild_GUI_2.098 (17526) And NiNJA Plugins 2018-05-29 or the newer unofficial version xeBuildGUI V3.2 at realmodscene?

lkarthas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just reflashed the nand using xeBuildGUI V3.2. The console completed flashing without an issue. However, the same problem still happens (Boot fine to Xell, red dot when booting normal).

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
possible hardware problem. if it's rrod/rdod, you may be able to get the secondary error code. I'm not sure if it works with red dot of death though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte