Hacking Xbox 360 RGH/JTAG !

ILeo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to buy a modded xbox 360 but i don't really know which one should I get, I'm only looking to play games off hard drive/preloaded offline, i might go online depending on the cfw if possible. Can falcon never get banned? Which one is more convenient, which has more features? Fast boot time? Which one has less errors/crash or noneat all, which will last longer? I don't really know many thing about cfw on xbox360 but ill learn more soon. I found a falcon and jasper near me everything else says in title X360 rgh/jtag or maybe should i buy a xkey?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you really want to play on XBLive I'd suggest looking into a machine with a Xkey.
If you don't really care about Live then I'd suggest getting any RGH Slim console.

1. Falcons and all hacked consoles can and will get banned if MS detects it.
2. JTAG consoles are rare and limited to Phats only, RGH is both Phat and Slim, no real difference other then boottimes.
3. JTAG is instaboot, RGH offers anywhere between 1 to a couple of glitchcycles depending on the install, worst case, 30sec boot.
4. Ehh I've got a Falcon RGH that has been running for years? I'd say any late Phat or Slim.
5. There's a custom drive firmware that allows DVD backups to be played but there's no "CFW" like the Vita/3DS/PSP/PS3/ Switch.

Again, it boils down to your desire to play online games.
If you want to play online with friends, Xkey.
If you don't care, RGH.

Reactions: Ryccardo

ILeo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you really want to play on XBLive I'd suggest looking into a machine with a Xkey.
If you don't really care about Live then I'd suggest getting any RGH Slim console.

1. Falcons and all hacked consoles can and will get banned if MS detects it.
2. JTAG consoles are rare and limited to Phats only, RGH is both Phat and Slim, no real difference other then boottimes.
3. JTAG is instaboot, RGH offers anywhere between 1 to a couple of glitchcycles depending on the install, worst case, 30sec boot.
4. Ehh I've got a Falcon RGH that has been running for years? I'd say any late Phat or Slim.
5. There's a custom drive firmware that allows DVD backups to be played but there's no "CFW" like the Vita/3DS/PSP/PS3/ Switch.

Again, it boils down to your desire to play online games.
If you want to play online with friends, Xkey.
If you don't care, RGH.
Thank you, I did have a look and i didn't find anywhere a xkey, and i think ill go for a xbox 360 with RGH/JTAG already on it, but still do you think i would be able to RGH or JTAG myself a xbox 360?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you've got soldering skills then yeh, not terribly difficult.
Most of it is just optimal wire routing and different wirelengths if you got troublesome booting.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a jasper would probably run cooler, but there's not really much difference between a falcon or a jtasper if you're running a jtag/rgh. you can set temp thresholds. I have two falcon jtags and one jasper with a flashed drive. I only use the jtag, since going online doesn't interest me. there's a way to go online with a jtag/rgh, but you have to compile the app yourself, which means getting a hold of an xdk (xbox development kit). they contain copyright code, so you won't find them here. I've never tried to compile an xbox 360 app as I don't have the xdk. however, a temp member told me there's a 80GB torrent or so that has every one of them that's leaked. I'm hesitant to try it, because if it doesn't work and I'm banned...

there's also a stealth service, which uses a plugin through dashlaunch (think the free one above does too, but you run the server on your computer). it's a complete rip off, and I don't recommend it.

as for errors, I've only had one issue on the jtag I use. one time everything got corrupted. a friend of mine told me that supposedly fakeanim was corrupting xboxes including his own. he ran an rgh service. it never happened to me except for that one time, and I'm not even sure if fakeanim, which I use, was responsible. I still use it. I think it was just a random glitch. I managed to fix it, but it took a little time.

you're pretty limited if you just do a flashed drive, so I say go with an rgh. if you can't solder (don't recommend learning on the system), then I think there are several places that sell them for maybe $50 more than a normal used system. I haven't looked at the prices in a long time, but I'd personally go with a slim as they're more reliable. however, I only have experience with phats. the jtag I have plugged in has lasted about 10+ years thus far. I've replaced the thermal paste maybe twice, and it runs even cooler than my ps3 slim with temp thresholds. the recommend temp is 60 degrees C for the 360 while it's recommended 68 C or so for the ps3. the cell in the ps3 can endure heat better than the 360 chips, but both rsx and the gpu of the ps3 and 360 respectively can't. I wouldn't really worry about a failing system unless you got a xenon. that's first generation phats with no hdmi. they're crap, so I don't recommend them.

Reactions: DinohScene

ILeo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
a jasper would probably run cooler, but there's not really much difference between a falcon or a jtasper if you're running a jtag/rgh. you can set temp thresholds. I have two falcon jtags and one jasper with a flashed drive. I only use the jtag, since going online doesn't interest me. there's a way to go online with a jtag/rgh, but you have to compile the app yourself, which means getting a hold of an xdk (xbox development kit). they contain copyright code, so you won't find them here. I've never tried to compile an xbox 360 app as I don't have the xdk. however, a temp member told me there's a 80GB torrent or so that has every one of them that's leaked. I'm hesitant to try it, because if it doesn't work and I'm banned...

there's also a stealth service, which uses a plugin through dashlaunch (think the free one above does too, but you run the server on your computer). it's a complete rip off, and I don't recommend it.

as for errors, I've only had one issue on the jtag I use. one time everything got corrupted. a friend of mine told me that supposedly fakeanim was corrupting xboxes including his own. he ran an rgh service. it never happened to me except for that one time, and I'm not even sure if fakeanim, which I use, was responsible. I still use it. I think it was just a random glitch. I managed to fix it, but it took a little time.

you're pretty limited if you just do a flashed drive, so I say go with an rgh. if you can't solder (don't recommend learning on the system), then I think there are several places that sell them for maybe $50 more than a normal used system. I haven't looked at the prices in a long time, but I'd personally go with a slim as they're more reliable. however, I only have experience with phats. the jtag I have plugged in has lasted about 10+ years thus far. I've replaced the thermal paste maybe twice, and it runs even cooler than my ps3 slim with temp thresholds. the recommend temp is 60 degrees C for the 360 while it's recommended 68 C or so for the ps3. the cell in the ps3 can endure heat better than the 360 chips, but both rsx and the gpu of the ps3 and 360 respectively can't. I wouldn't really worry about a failing system unless you got a xenon. that's first generation phats with no hdmi. they're crap, so I don't recommend them.
Great now i know which one to get thanks a lot!! This definitely helped me.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great now i know which one to get thanks a lot!! This definitely helped me.

if you buy one of those rgh systems you found, you'll probably be good with either due to temp thresholds. the jasper will probably cost more since it's a last gen phat. however, I've heard some people say a falcon is more reliable. I don't know how, since it's older (from something like 2008). if my falcons ever die, I'll probably get a slim. good luck.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
if you buy one of those rgh systems you found, you'll probably be good with either due to temp thresholds. the jasper will probably cost more since it's a last gen phat. however, I've heard some people say a falcon is more reliable. I don't know how, since it's older (from something like 2008). if my falcons ever die, I'll probably get a slim. good luck.

I've got a Falcon going very strong.
But yeh, both Falcon and Jasper are sturdy if you keep your temps below 60c.

And I'd personally reball them but then again, that's me ;p
From a financial point of view, a Slim would be the better investment.

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over