Hacking xbox 360 rgh gives black screen when loading original xbox games

Darksabre72

Blue Falcon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i have a problem with my console in trying to load up original xbox games and backups. when i do load up a game it gives me a black screen and hangs. so I've followed this tutorial and still nothing not even the white original xbox logo shows.

Last edited by Darksabre72,

Darksabre72

Blue Falcon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you give examples which titles you try to play?
grand theft auto 3 and jet set radio/sega gt bundle

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can you give examples which titles you try to play?
dude after searching more on the web i think i found an answer that it could have something to do with my xbls plugin. what do you think?

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Possible, plugins tend to mess things up - another reason why you might not even see the white bootscreen, could be the way you hooked up your 360 to your TV. Is it connected via HDMI? In that case the November 2007 files from the tutorial won't work. Search for the July 2011 files, which added HDMI support.

Last edited by FR0ZN,

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have HDDX as a partition on the drive? If so, you may also need the hacked compatibility files rather than the 2007 files. It could also be due to plugins in Dashlaunch so I’d use a clean launch.ini file on USB as well.

Reactions: Darksabre72

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iirc, the white xbox background should blink once if it's reading the hacked compatibility files. if it's not reading them at all, I"d imagine it would go to a black screen. I hope that's helpful in some way.

Darksabre72

Blue Falcon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Possible, plugins tend to mess things up - another reason why you might not even see the white bootscreen, could be the way you hooked up your 360 to your TV. Is it connected via HDMI? In that case the November 2007 files from the tutorial won't work. Search for the July 2011 files, which added HDMI support.
Do you have HDDX as a partition on the drive? If so, you may also need the hacked compatibility files rather than the 2007 files. It could also be due to plugins in Dashlaunch so I’d use a clean launch.ini file on USB as well.
thanks you guys for helping a noob, so i just disabled my xbls in dashlaunch and it works like a charm. also i did update the compatibility files as well so thanks for that

edit: i never thought the plugins would mess up the original xbox emulator.
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

iirc, the white xbox background should blink once if it's reading the hacked compatibility files. if it's not reading them at all, I"d imagine it would go to a black screen. I hope that's helpful in some way.
yea after i disabled the plugin now i saw the white background it blinked and the game run fine. thanks for that.

Last edited by Darksabre72,

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Be cautious with the compatability files.
I remember that back in the day when I had a RGH 360, I had to delete them to make certain games work, like Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - otherwise they would just cause the console to crash.

Just keep that in mind, should you see that "Exception Intercepted" notification with the sad smiley face.

Darksabre72

Blue Falcon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Be cautious with the compatability files.
I remember that back in the day when I had a RGH 360, I had to delete them to make certain games work, like Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - otherwise they would just cause the console to crash.

Just keep that in mind, should you see that "Exception Intercepted" notification with the sad smiley face.

so the compatibility files i could possibly cause a brick?

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not a brick, just crash / reboot the system - but you'd be wondering wtf is going on, until you figure out that the compatability files don't let the games launch.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what happens could be due to your dashlaunch settings. "fatal crash intercepted" can crash or reboot (maybe turn off, can't remember), and its option will be in your launch.ini . that's if a game unexpectedly crashes. you can select which it does when that happens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night