Hacking Xbox 360 RGH 1.2 freezing

britain4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just almost successfully RGH'd my Jasper 360 with a Matrix glitcher and Matrix flasher using this guide https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/th...get-a-cr4-like-experience-phats-only.1349194/

Everything has gone fine more or less first time except when I come to the final step which is to flash the patched image. The console boots past the Xbox 360 logo and then freezes at the dashboard anything between a second and a minute after booting.

I've tried the alt CLK point under the board and also the tiny one near the fans both with the exact same result.

Is there anything else I should try wiring-wise or does it sound more like a fault with the image I flashed?

I should clarify Jrunner also reports no bad blocks and I have 3 matching NAND dumps.

Last edited by britain4,

britain4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't see any but will try re-routing them like this (example from the guide)
IMG_20150705_211821.jpg

and see what happens. Didn't realise such things could cause freezing, thanks for the tip.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Bingo, think it's sorted, thank you. No idea what was so bad about my wire routing but it works now.

Now to put the horrible flimsy brittle plastic case back together and start playing some games! :)

britain4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Electric interference can travel quite a bit.
Hence the 360 has an RF shield in the top plastic part ;p

True that, never thought about it that way before!

Now I'm in FSD I'm getting sky high GPU temps (65 and rising, CPU is on 47) so going to have to take it apart again and check my paste application :( thought I'd change the 8 year old paste while I was in there but it's done more harm than good by the looks of things

Although the temp is dropping rapidly now I've increased the fan speed so IDK

Last edited by britain4,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Set the fans to 65% or so.
Change the thermal paste and snip away the back mesh in the metal case.

You could also drill a hole over the 2nd GPU heatsink (just before the CPU heatsink) and a attach an intake fan to it.

I've done it on me Falcon and I got temps hovering at 50 ish for CPU and GPU.
I've also attached some RAM heatsinks to further drop the temps ;p

britain4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've redone the paste, my application is fine (the CPU is hovering at 44 ATM) but the GPU seems to be high 50s-mid 60s for some bizarre reason.

I can't possibly see how the stock cooling for the GPU would be effective with that pathetic heatsink attached to it and the fan shroud that leaks all over the place.

I'm running it with the lid off ATM so can't see cutting holes anywhere making a difference

I'm wondering if I could put a Xenon heatsink on the GPU (the one with a copper heatpipe and second heatsink)

britain4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well maybe I've just got an abnormally cool CPU lol because it sits at ~41 in games, GPU at ~48 with fan set to 65%. Maybe I'll try a Xenon heatsink on the GPU then I might be able to lower fan speeds.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You could try this with the fanduct.
7SUs0cC.jpg

I don't have a cardboard piece over the CPU heatsink tho but the GPU heatsink I have.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night