XBOX 360 redesign - shipping out today

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Missed opportunity, they should have put a Blu-ray drive in it, at least to watch films with, bite the bullet and admit they backed the wrong horse... that would have pulled back a lot of people on the fence not knowing if they should get a PS3 or an Xbox. I like a lot of others don’t care that you can download movies, the choice is to narrow and I prefer a box in my hand and a much wider choice...

New design looks like it has started to deflate....

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
RockmanForte said:
Its neat but only if it is hackable then I will get it. One problem is: Will RROD happen again ?
Do you only care about hacking? I can guarantee this thing will be unhackable, for now anyway. I don't think even my Xbox is hackable yet (being a year old Elite)
We won't have an RRoD, we will probably get some other variant error in a less common form. I would love for all these guys to get home with their new 360s then have it bring up a joke RRoD message first thing, I would pay to see their faces.

LOL! my old xbox is hackable. I am sure it will be hackable as well but not like PS3 anyway.
smile.gif

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
funem said:
Missed opportunity, they should have put a Blu-ray drive in it, at least to watch films with, bite the bullet and admit they backed the wrong horse... that would have pulled back a lot of people on the fence not knowing if they should get a PS3 or an Xbox. I like a lot of others don’t care that you can download movies, the choice is to narrow and I prefer a box in my hand and a much wider choice...
They're not going to back their biggest competitor. They would be paying Sony to be able to use Blu-Rays. What's more I think it would be quite hard to make a Blu-Ray/DVD drive and do it cheaply with what they want this Xbox to be.

RockmanForte said:
Jamstruth said:
QUOTE(RockmanForte @ Jun 14 2010, 07:52 PM) Its neat but only if it is hackable then I will get it. One problem is: Will RROD happen again ?
Do you only care about hacking? I can guarantee this thing will be unhackable, for now anyway. I don't think even my Xbox is hackable yet (being a year old Elite)
We won't have an RRoD, we will probably get some other variant error in a less common form. I would love for all these guys to get home with their new 360s then have it bring up a joke RRoD message first thing, I would pay to see their faces.

LOL! my old xbox is hackable. I am sure it will be hackable as well but not like PS3 anyway.
smile.gif
Why does it matter? This Xbox won't be hackable for a while and if you're not going to buy an Xbox that you can't pirate on, why buy one at all? Its a horrible way to think about your console investments.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are absolutely right but I am being honest. Many of you are pirate too. Be honest, alright ? That's all. It wont be hackable right away of course but it will be hackable someday.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Jamstruth said:
funem said:
They're not going to back their biggest competitor. They would be paying Sony to be able to use Blu-Rays. What's more I think it would be quite hard to make a Blu-Ray/DVD drive and do it cheaply with what they want this Xbox to be.

Paying Sony ???? Blu Ray isnt a technlology owned by Sony. it was developed by Apple, Dell, Hitachi, HP, JVC, LG, Mitsubishi, Panasonic, Pioneer, Philips, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, TDK and Thomson, they pay a licence to use the tech but thats distributed amongs more than one company, failing that they should let a third party sell the drive and support it in the OS....... The drives are dirt cheap now and with a bulk buy like they would be making in the manufacturing, they would be even cheaper... besides they would only put the drive in the XBox, they don't have to make games on a Blu Ray disk, they can stick to DVD's.. I stand by what I said, its a missed opportunity...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1