Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is xbox 360 flashing: Difficult?
Risky?
Worth it?

After flashing, can you still use Live? How much does Live cost monthly? When connecting the 360 to a router with wires, can you still transfer stuff from your computer to your 360? And can you transfer stuff using an XP or Vista Laptop?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is xbox 360 flashing: Difficult? No , it's easy , except for the hitachi 79
Risky? Not really ,long as you have your drive key , even if you were to brick a drive , you can just replace it
Worth it? Yes

You can still use live , and you can't transfer anything to the 360. You can stream videos , but that's it. You can't transfer stuff across the network for storage on the 360.

gaboumafou

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You can still use Live?
ohmy.gif

But you can't use the online features of a "backup", right?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can use online features of a backup. Long as you are using the latest ixtreme + the copies are created properly , then no problem.

gaboumafou

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Cool!

But I guess I still won't pay for a Xbox Live account... I would like to try some games online (GTA, R6 Vegas...), but I won't play enough to justifiy the price. But it's still cool to know that I will still be able to get DLC and stuff like that.

michaelf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little off topic, but Live is worth $50 a year (or 12+1 free if that's still going on). That console really shines when you are using the online features. It's especially true if you want to game with friends.

Samnitmar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Armadillo said:
You can still use live , and you can't transfer anything to the 360. You can stream videos , but that's it. You can't transfer stuff across the network for storage on the 360.
Oh, okay. Well, can you still do this with a flashed Xbox? And can you stream music and other stuff or just vids? One last question, as in first post, can it be done with either a desktop running XP or a laptop running Vista? Sorry for the noobish-ness, brand new to everything Xbox, and have yet to actualy get mine :3

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes , you can still do it. Flashing the drive does nothing except let you play copied games , nothing else is affected.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Armadillo said:
Is xbox 360 flashing: Difficult? No , it's easy , except for the hitachi 79
Risky? Not really ,long as you have your drive key , even if you were to brick a drive , you can just replace it
Worth it? Yes

you forgot the new 360's which come with Lite On drives which cannot be hacked

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The only prepaid LIVE Gold cards in Canada are 12 months. So if you want to try it out for a month or so, you need to get one from the States.
Unless it's been changed recently, US LIVE Gold membership cards work on Canadian consoles, and US Live point cards don't.

Alternatively, you could find these 2 day trial codes. Just drop a couple bucks on ebay and it'll get you going for a few days. I stocked up on a bunch when twister had this promotion thing. Since the promotion is over, you could buy it off people who have tons of them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.