TheVAAAN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey Everyone!

I bought a second hand 360 online, sellers claims the power button was broken but when I got it, it was working fine.

I left it on for a little bit, and when I came back to it, it was 3 RROD and dead. I tried to get the error code by pressing EJECT and SYNC but that was unresponsive. After about 15 minutes of trying, the power surged and the console will no longer power up.

I've tried multiple consoles across multiple power supplies, and just this board doesn't seem to power.

Would there be anywhere on the board I could probe with a multimeter so I can at least see if the board it getting power?

Thanks in advance.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Everyone!

I bought a second hand 360 online, sellers claims the power button was broken but when I got it, it was working fine.

I left it on for a little bit, and when I came back to it, it was 3 RROD and dead. I tried to get the error code by pressing EJECT and SYNC but that was unresponsive. After about 15 minutes of trying, the power surged and the console will no longer power up.

I've tried multiple consoles across multiple power supplies, and just this board doesn't seem to power.

Would there be anywhere on the board I could probe with a multimeter so I can at least see if the board it getting power?

Thanks in advance.
Best way imo is to check the power color on the power brick. Also, a the system will rrod if the power cable isn't plugged in all the way.

Reactions: BigOnYa

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Everyone!

Thanks in advance.
If you open the console there are positive and negative pads directly under the plug socket on the bottom side of the motherboard itself

You can check those. You can also use those for power buttons. I used to have my RGH require a key/car ignition to turn on lmao

Reactions: BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: ONG.