OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
so ive looked around and seen that to play backups you need to flash your drive..
and if you wanna play live WITH backups you need to get Iextreme or something? it stealthes your backup disc but even then it can still be detected in turn resulting in a banned account..

Well i want to play backups because i hate the idea of spending heckuv money on games.. =X but i am really cautious.. i guess.. lol
i dont want to play backups on live.. i only want to play backups for games like uhh assassins creed or orange box.. like single player stuff but for live i would buy the games.. like nba 2k8 and halo 3.. but can they still detect that you flashed your drive even if you use real copies for live but backups when not on live??
also that the ONLY thing you need to do in order to play backups? JUST flash the drive?.. seems,, too easy.. lol
THANKS

domislong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to tell you but there is no method of playing originals on live without the risk of being banned.

My suggestion is to a) have one console for live and one for backups, b) buy all your games, or c) run the risk of being banned.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
At the moment if your 360 hasn't been flashed, ixtreme 1.4 is meant to be safe. You never know though, M$ could find a way to start banning again.

Duke_Jay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
At this moment, a flashed drive canot be detected, bad backups can.
But you never know, maybe m$ wil find a way.

coolbgdog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to tell you but there is no method of playing originals on live without the risk of being banned.

My suggestion is to a) have one console for live and one for backups, b) buy all your games, or c) run the risk of being banned.
Thats a good idea. Because you could always play backup games on it and the ones you want to play live on just buy the original. That way you can save money on single player games.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well personally, I think the risk is well worth the reward. I have over $2000 worth of 360 games and have only spent a FRACTION of that for them.
blink.gif

simoonsoon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hm ya i thot about unplugging the ethernet when using backups.. with a flashed drive and then when playin live games plug it in and use original copies.. flashed drives were undetectable i thot?..

domislong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The 360 keeps some sort of internal log of what you play and will update as soon as you hook it back up to the internet.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No it doesn't. There is no evidence that it logs incorrect backups while you are offline , then updates when you are connected back. The checks that are made against the disc and get you banned if failed are done online and online only (for now). No one has been banned for playing back ups offline only.

You find some people claiming they have, but it always turns out that they say they are offline , but are signed into live , but playing single player. Signed into live=online.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Backups patched properly on live = ok
Original retails on live using ixtreme1.4 on live = ok
I've had my 360 flashed since early 2006 and am not banned (though I haven't played on live for a while).
Some of my friends are running older firmwares than ixtreme 1.4 and are also not banned and play on live daily.

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Once banned the console can never connect to Xbox LIVE again.

In order to update the console you would need somebodies harddrive with the update on it.

I'm not sure but you may also be able to download them from Xbox.com and update via CD?

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
And is there anything special you need to do to burn scene releases? Or is it simple burning an iso with nero?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)