Xbox 360 modchips

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Harsky, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Harsky
    OP

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    After being thrown into the soldering wilderness that is fitting a modchip in my slimline PS2, I'm thinking of doing the same if I buy an Xbox 360. Last time I heard about playing ISOs on it is via a flashed drive. This was months ago, has anything improved at all by that time?

Then again, the idea of downloading a 7gb Xbox 360 ISO doesn't exactly fill me with joy.

2. adgloride

adgloride Its A Wii Wario

Apr 2, 2003
    From what I've heard about the 360 modchips, they get you banned from xbox live. Why bother messing around buying and soldering on a chip when you can just flash the drive chip. The chip doesn't do anything that a flashed drive won't do. At the moment a flashed drive can also use xbox live. An update is being released in May so things could change by then.

3. littleho

littleho GBAtemp Regular

Feb 16, 2004
    United States
    I don't recall people getting banned from xbox live, all you're doing is flashing the dvd drive where it would read dvds differently. i know a few people who did a firmware flash and still continue to play xbox live right now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice