Xbox 360 Marketplace question

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Harsky, Jul 26, 2007.

Jul 26, 2007

Xbox 360 Marketplace question by Harsky at 2:15 PM (904 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Harsky
    OP

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    Is the content between the US and the UK version of marketplace vastly different? The reason I'm asking is because I'm in the UK but I decided to set up a US account since I heard there was more on there. I found out that TV shows for the US aren't available to download at all but the Arcade games can be downloaded. This leads me to wonder, should I get a UK account? At least that way, I can try out downloading TV shows as well but there could be a chance the selection of games for the arcade is crap.

2. legendofphil

Member legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

United Kingdom
    There isn't much difference, its mainly the TV and Movies stuff and that is coming to the UK soon.

3. ilovengage

Member ilovengage GBAtemp Fan

Austria
    Since some weeks/months it doesn't make any difference if you've got a US, UK oder any other country's account. The only thing that matters is in which country your 360 (or better said: your internet provider) is. If you're online in the UK with an US account you can SEE the US stuff, but not actually DOWNLOAD it.

4. Xbox360

Newcomer Xbox360 Member

United States
    You CAN download stuff from other Countries. I'm based in America, so obviously my ISP is aswell and I've downloaded countless things from the Japanese Market, as such as Eternal Sonata, Tenchu Z, Project Sylpheed, Etc.

To the TC ^

No, they're isn't much difference other than the Viedo Marketplace, which is going global this year anyway. If anything, make a Japanese Account, there's plenty of great Videos and Demos from there. Make sure to get Eternal Sonata, it's beautiful, by the makers of tales of Symphonia aswell.

5. Harsky
    OP

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    Damn. Now I realise that there's nothing worth getting a US Live account for. How do I go about changing it back to the UK?