XBox 360 Live Arcade disc to Hard drive?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by xboxinoz, Aug 10, 2008.

Aug 10, 2008
  1. xboxinoz
    OP

Newcomer xboxinoz Advanced Member

Australia
    This may be a dumb question but I don't have a XBox 360 yet so am not sure how this works, if I had a Xbox 360 pro edition with the hard drive but had a copy of the DVD that comes with the XBox Arcade package, ie, the one that includes Pacman CE on it, would I be able to transfer Pacman CE to the Hard drive of the Xbox 360 pro or would I need to continue using that disc to play it?

Reason I ask is I would like this game on the Xbox and am trying to figure out whether it is best to buy it via Xbox live or whether I should grab a copy of the Arcade pack disc which I've seen here for only a few dollars and thus would get 5 games for the same price as I would if I brought Pacman CE off the xbox live system.

I'm assuming for some anti-piracy reason I wouldn't be able to transfer those games off the DVD on to the Hard drive so if I wanted it installed without the disc I'd need to buy online? But just wanted to check...

2. hankchill

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    No, you cannot copy the games from the disc to your library on the hard drive.

The closest you will be able to come to that is when the new Xbox Dashboard comes out, you can download the disc to your hard drive, however you will still require the disc in the drive for authentication and will not be able to access the arcade games directly. If you don't want to have to worry about the disc, then buy them over the marketplace, but that would cost more than getting the disc, and it's not that hard to change discs [​IMG]