Xbox 360 Jasper RGH frozen on TV but still working?

Jayinem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having freezes on my 360 Jasper that has RGH. It never red rings but just freeze then I can reboot it. It looks completely frozen can't do anything with controller at all but I was just transferring a game through filezilla and it kept transferring until the end, a good 6-8 minutes after the freeze happened. Which tells me the console is not completely frozen? Kind of odd. I tried unplugging/replugging hdmi but didn't help.

Jayinem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just turned the fan up in dashlaunch. It seems to reset the settings after some time of not using the console. I'll see how this goes first.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
odd that the fan settings got messed up. they're not in the launch.ini. afaik, they're written to the nand itself, possibly in the smc section. that's my thinking, though I don't know for sure. something may be corrupt, though you could try to reinstall the last update through xell if it is nand related.

Jayinem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems to freeze if I leave it idle for any time like 2-3 minutes or more. The fan didn't help.

I'm going to switch to my other 360 only bad thing is the boot time is like 2 minutes while this one is only about 30 seconds.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's a dashlaunch option called fatalfreeze, which may be what's happening. I don't know. it's in the launch.ini. make sure it's set to false.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it will only freeze or reboot (there's a fatalreboot too) if it encounters a crash. I have fatalreboot as true; fatalfreeze as false. something may be corrupted with your aurora install, maybe if you haven't messed with the system in a long time, something happened?

Jayinem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those were both disabled, but something called exchandler that sounds like it could effect the console was enabled, and something else I can't remember right now were both enabled I disabled them. If this doesn't work I'll switch to the other console.

The other thing was Safe Reboot. Still crashed this time it crashed completely.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those were both disabled, but something called exchandler that sounds like it could effect the console was enabled, and something else I can't remember right now were both enabled I disabled them. If this doesn't work I'll switch to the other console.
one option you might try if it doesn't work is to reflash the nand without dashlaunch just to see if it's dashlaunch related. stay idle on the default dash.

Jayinem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one option you might try if it doesn't work is to reflash the nand without dashlaunch just to see if it's dashlaunch related. stay idle on the default dash.

I don't have the equipment I never did it myself I paid a little bit to have it done but that person is no longer available.

And my other one the hdmi went out when lightning struck one time. I have a component to hdmi but it requires a ac adapter, which I've been looking for hours and cannot find. On top of that my TV does not have component hookups.

So I went back to the one that was freezing and I pointed a box fan on it, it hasn't froze yet while idle. Still needing more testing.

Jayinem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh ok I remember now I was sent a backup of the nand. Hope I still have it.

But haven't been able to make it freeze for almost 2 hours now with a box fan.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs