OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hi there!

I'm going to buy to a 360 but I still don't know if I'm going to flash its drive or not. Here's my questions:

1) If I understand well, there's actually 3 different type of DVD drive (philips, toshiba-samsung & hitachi-lg) and then 3 different custom firmware for each type of drive (xtrem by commodore4eva, xtrem by maximus...). Well, could someone tell me what are all the available drive and firmware and which one goes with the other?

2) All the different firmware have the same features?

3) If no, which one is the best one?

4) I heard that one can know what type of dvd drive one can get by looking at the manufactured date of the 360. Can I see it on the box before buying it? Could someone give me a link where I can see the drive I'd get depending on the date?

5) What is that hitachi v78 thing? A 4th dvd drive?

6) What about all the modchips? (NME, All360, Infectus, xenon?!)

7) With a modchip/custom frimware, will I be able to play games on the xbox live?

8) I have a Pionneer 109D, is it good enough?

9) There's 2 version of the xtrem firmware, A & B. It looks like it affect the drive reading speed. I played 360 and the drive was always at full speed, it was realy annoying. Flashing with the "slow" version (B) will make the 360 read slower while playing? Or is it something different? If so, is there any drawback like slower loadings or even some freeze?

I think it's all for now
tongue.gif
Thanks for answering to all those questions. Feel free to tell me anything I should be aware of, since I'm a complete noob in the xbox stuff and can't find my way in all the different guides on the internet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: