Back.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So hearing about all of the "amazing" new features of the new Xbox 360 update, I decided to take the plunge.

After doing so I regret it deeply. My Xbox's OS seems to be running very slowly now and even tho I can sign into Live and download content and whatnot, I am completely unable to play games with others online.

After calling Xbox support (which is a joke within itself), I had completed all troubleshooting the poor guy could offer me. Unfortunately at the time, all of his systems were undergoing maintenance which meant there was nothing further we could do to resolve my issue.

This seems more then convienient to me. The last time an issue this big occured was back when Halo 3 was released and Xbox Live crashed due to the amount of new users signing up for the service. During that time, all of their systems were down as well. Convienient?

Anyway, is anyone else having this issue at the moment? I'd be interested to hear any stories...I have many other horror stories since getting my Xbox 360 but they're better saved for another time...

- Fitzy

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Yes Xbox Live is having issues at the moment trying to cope with the update demand. This will slow down/freeze your OS when connected to Live.

It was working peachy last night for me with the update. But it seems the traffic has hit hard now. You'll just have to wait it out.

JKR Firefox

Back.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yes Xbox Live is having issues at the moment trying to cope with the update demand. This will slow down/freeze your OS when connected to Live.

It was working peachy last night for me with the update. But it seems the traffic has hit hard now. You'll just have to wait it out.

I never got the chance to do the update until tonight and it totally ruined my gaming time
frown.gif

They never really seem to be able to come out and say "Yes, we are having an issue and we are working to get it resolved for you."

Generally what they say to me is "Can you hold please." Then they place me on hold, come back, and act confused until I say goodbye. Thanks for the info btw.

- Fitzy

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The new divx/xvid support is so awesome, just sat back last night playing with a whole bunch of videos checking out the fast forward/rewind functions, really smooth!

It's going to be so good not having to waste CDs and DVDs on throwaway TV shows and movies now, just watch then delete.

Might even have to look into an external HDD to keep movies and shows on. Do all external HDDs need a powersource or do some run ok just with the USB connection?

JKR Firefox

Back.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The new divx/xvid support is so awesome, just sat back last night playing with a whole bunch of videos checking out the fast forward/rewind functions, really smooth!

It's going to be so good not having to waste CDs and DVDs on throwaway TV shows and movies now, just watch then delete.

Might even have to look into an external HDD to keep movies and shows on. Do all external HDDs need a powersource or do some run ok just with the USB connection?

I would imagine your 360 is modded am I correct? I have a question if that is the case. I track alot of shows and movies and have a rather large collection of DVD's with the items saved onto them. If my 360 was modded, could I then watch these shows and movies on my 360?

As an answer to your question, here is a link to a topic in which people were discussing something similar: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=66396. Most external HD's do need an external power source, but it is possible that there is one that can be powered from the device it is connected to. The one I have uses an external power source, but I've never tried using it with my 360 yet. I believe that it is possible to use a external HD with the 360 but having not done much research into it, I can't give a confident response.

- Fitzy

ryohki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've got a portable HDD not too much larger than a credit card, and maybe half a cm thick.
it's 20GB and doesn't need ext. power

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would imagine your 360 is modded am I correct? I have a question if that is the case. I track alot of shows and movies and have a rather large collection of DVD's with the items saved onto them. If my 360 was modded, could I then watch these shows and movies on my 360?

- Fitzy

Yes, I can confirm this works. I have alot of TV shows burned to DVD to save me some hdd space. Pop them in ur 360 and it'll detect a mixed media disk. You can then navigate the disk and watch the goodies from there. This will also work on an unmodded console.

JKR Firefox

Back.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I would imagine your 360 is modded am I correct?  I have a question if that is the case.  I track alot of shows and movies and have a rather large collection of DVD's with the items saved onto them.  If my 360 was modded, could I then watch these shows and movies on my 360?

- Fitzy

Yes, I can confirm this works. I have alot of TV shows burned to DVD to save me some hdd space. Pop them in ur 360 and it'll detect a mixed media disk. You can then navigate the disk and watch the goodies from there. This will also work on an unmodded console.

Awesome, I'm going to try that out when I get home. Actually do I NEED the DVD remote for DVD playback on the 360?

- Fitzy

phuzzz

Hooha!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would imagine your 360 is modded am I correct? I have a question if that is the case. I track alot of shows and movies and have a rather large collection of DVD's with the items saved onto them. If my 360 was modded, could I then watch these shows and movies on my 360?

- Fitzy

Awesome, I'm going to try that out when I get home. Actually do I NEED the DVD remote for DVD playback on the 360?

- Fitzy
Not at all. Your controller works just as well. There's just no one button pressing.

I also can confirm that burned DVD's work fine on unmodded 360's.

JKR Firefox

Back.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I would imagine your 360 is modded am I correct?  I have a question if that is the case.  I track alot of shows and movies and have a rather large collection of DVD's with the items saved onto them.  If my 360 was modded, could I then watch these shows and movies on my 360?

- Fitzy

- Fitzy
Not at all. Your controller works just as well. There's just no one button pressing.

I also can confirm that burned DVD's work fine on unmodded 360's.

Excellent. I will definetely try that out as soon as I get off work
frown.gif

Ha. But anyways thanks for the info guys.

- Fitzy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk