Gaming Xbox 360 EU price drop

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
[from:IGN.com]
Following the successful line of price cuts in the US, Microsoft has finally confirmed that it is to follow suit in European territories, bringing down the price of all Xbox 360 units.

Effective from this Friday, the basic Arcade unit will now retail at £129.99, while at the other end of the range, the 120GB Elite model will now weigh in at £229.99. The standard 60GB model will now retail at £169.99.

All of which brings Microsoft's Xbox 360 down to claim the title of the cheapest current generation console, undercutting both Nintendo's Wii and Sony's PlayStation 3.

"We're proud to be expanding the reach of Xbox as the first next-generation console to break the £150 barrier, making the platform up to £170 less expensive than competitors," said Microsoft's Chris Lewis, continuing, "With well over five million consoles sold to date the combination of the strongest games line up this Christmas, really innovative entertainment experiences and these groundbreaking new price points will ensure we continue to enjoy fantastic momentum in Europe."
w00t! Now I will definitely get a 360. The Pro version (which now also includes a 60GB HDD) costs 20 quid cheaper than the Wii. I've been thinking about getting World Tour + 360 so this price drop has locked my plan.

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Damn. The 360 sure is pretty damn cheap (in terms of cost) now! It costs 179€ in germany now (the arcade one).
And the wii costs 250€
That is a difference of 71€!!!

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow, but if anyone wants for even cheaper, they can click my sig aha.
And yeah, considering how much more advanced than the Wii is, how can Microsoft be making a lot of profit?
Or is it just the fact the Wii is sold for far more than it can be made for? I think I'll go for the latter aha.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lol way to go microsoft. This shall boost sales by alot.

and I'm so kicking myself right now, Well my mum should be kicking herself. When i got the Pro 360 it came with a 20GB HDD and was £200, Now look at it! She could have got it £30 cheaper and i could have got a 60GB HDD. I hate Microsoft for that. But on the other side i would have not got a nice BenQ if i bought it right now
tongue.gif

I'm patiently waiting a price drop on the 60GB HDD. Chances of that? Not likely...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse