Chicken Teriyaki Boy!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
120gb harddrive, HDMI and its black. Worth $479?
Wheres the integrated wireless?

Is it me or is microsoft becoming really agressive towards the Wii
heres an actual quote from microsoft: “We don’t feel like the Wii customer and the Xbox customer are the same thing, We think that as soon as the Wii customer turns 14 they want something else.”

Xbox 360 Elite

moley

Trophies
Website
thefullmetalalchemist.com
XP
Country
I wish my xbox had HDMI
frown.gif

shaffaaf27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TEH UK NEEDS THIS!!111!1111!1!!!

no seriuosly, i am deciding after being an anti xbox person, to get a 360 or not, caus the games are just too appealing, if they realese this in the uk, that one they will sell.

snazzypants

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
120gb harddrive, HDMI and its black. Worth $479?
Wheres the integrated wireless?

Is it me or is microsoft becoming really agressive towards the Wii
heres an actual quote from microsoft: “We don’t feel like the Wii customer and the Xbox customer are the same thing, We think that as soon as the Wii customer turns 14 they want something else.”

Xbox 360 Elite

Kind of a harsh line, but I would say the opposite. It seems like their strategy is to completely ignore the Wii and try and grab the people who are considering a PS3.

styrofoam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
“We don’t feel like the Wii customer and the Xbox customer are the same thing, We think that as soon as the Wii customer turns 14 they want something else.”

Funny cause my Wii and 360 are about 2ft apart, GG MS GG.

Golin

Trophies
Website
www.loswades.frih.net
XP
Country
United States
Early adopters (me) got the shaft.
frown.gif

I want an Elite, don't know if I want to trade in my Premium or have two, for of course Halo3 LAN's...

Wow... MS wants "smart" consumers like you. BTW, a lot of MS consumers get the "shaft" which is odd since MS has so many consumers... Well good thing they hold a monopoly in the OS business.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wish my xbox had HDMI
frown.gif

Reading something on xbox scene, microsoft sound like their going to release some kind of adapter so you can use HDMI on the old xboxs. A 120gb harddrive is useless unless your downloading movies off xbox live. We still don't get the movies feature in the UK yet. So if the 120gb harddrive is released in europe and they arn't doing the movies it will be totally useless.

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is what usually Nintendo does. Improving the console in 1 year after its release and sell for a reasonable price and you'd regret buying the old one. I really pity those who've recently got their older Xbox360.

Kyoji

ウッーウッーウマ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Theres no drastic advantage of HDMI over Component:
http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/34579/122868.html

The 120gb HD will be retailed alone, so unless your an unreasonable HD nut who has to have HDMI, or if you really, really want an official black Xbox, then the Elite is for you. If not, then you're not missing out on anything.

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
This is what usually Nintendo does. Improving the console in 1 year after its release and sell for a reasonable price and you'd regret buying the old one. I really pity those who've recently got their older Xbox360.
I think 1 year is a little bit unrealistic number. How long did we have to blow in the NES cartridges before they made the top load? Ugly redesign btw. SNES? Ugly and more than 1 year IIRC. Virtual Boy and N64 did not get a redesign. GB held on for longer than a year before Pocket. And everyone else knows the rest... But with the Wii, I definately see a few areas for improvement, but not many.

As for the Xbox stuff...heck, I dont even have an old xbox yet. Yay me for holding out and not regretting it
wub.gif

Golin

Trophies
Website
www.loswades.frih.net
XP
Country
United States

I think 1 year is a little bit unrealistic number. How long did we have to blow in the NES cartridges before they made the top load? Ugly redesign btw. SNES? Ugly and more than 1 year IIRC. Virtual Boy and N64 did not get a redesign. GB held on for longer than a year before Pocket. And everyone else knows the rest... But with the Wii, I definately see a few areas for improvement, but not many.

As for the Xbox stuff...heck, I dont even have an old xbox yet. Yay me for holding out and not regretting it
wub.gif
Yeah basically what you said. Don't you hate it when uninformed people start posting so... freely?

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

wub.gif
I think Nintendo does this more on handhelds. Because:

(oh this one's fun) Gameboy Advance > Gameboy SP > SP with brighter screen > Gameboy Micro !!!!
Nintendo DS > DS Lite (i'm not even talking about different colors)
Wii > Wii with DVD player support ?

Nintendo consoles always have good and innotive ideas but they ALWAYS lack something and they change this with newer models. I'm not going to suprise if they release new Wii's with wireless Wiimote + Nunchuck.

yourdaddy50

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some noob across the street wants to buy my flashed 360 with the 20 gig hard drive for 500 bucks so i might sell him my x box and buy the elite and hope that it comes with a hackable drive

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.