Hacking Xbox 360 DVD-5 Backups take a peek!

gisel213

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all haven't posted in a while look what i found out.... booting 360 games from dvd+r and dvd-r 4.7gb
discs oh and one more thing the drive is not flashed either as shown in my video!!!!

Check it out!!!! Notes you will need a RGH or JTAG console to do this!!!

gisel213

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about you try, oh I dunno, explaining how it works? Cuz it seems a little...too good to be true to me.

Simple i have 2 jtag boxes a rgh system should work also...

Anyway i use xexmenu blah blah.... got bored yesterday thinking hmm what if i put the game files on a dvd-r so i did just that just burned the game files
on a dvd-r and boom it worked from xexmenu... cool a 360 backup from a dvd-5... so i then inserted the disc at the MsDash and they booted aswell
so i kept testing titles till i got to games bigger than 4.7gb where i downsampled bitrate of video or audio fies ala dreamcast... Guess what they worked..

One may say jtag huh why not off the hdd well i love finding new things and this is one of them... But more importantly the slim system with the
unmoddable hitachi would would be able to play backups without C4E having to crack the drive and people wouldn't have to break their pockets
buying tons of dl-dvd-r discs seems like xbox1 glory days!!!

Something else i also hooked a usb dvd-rom in xexmenu and it boots the backups also pretty interesting containg no microsoft code or dvd-keys...

1- extract game files from iso
2-burn onto dvd-5 with imgburn at 6x
3-pop in and play
4-if the game is to big use avc any video converter on wmv files and rad game tools for bik files.... there are more apps

That's how it's done!

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Basically you're saying that you still need an hardware hacked 360.

Then it doesn't make total sense / nor will it benefit others with non hacked drives/non hacked systems.

You can boot code of off any device on a jTAG so burning xex files on a DVD and then booting it is pretty much the same as doing it off of the HDD.

Reactions: 1 person

gisel213

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically you're saying that you still need an hardware hacked 360.

Then it doesn't make total sense / nor will it benefit others with non hacked drives/non hacked systems.

You can boot code of off any device on a jTAG so burning xex files on a DVD and then booting it is pretty much the same as doing it off of the HDD.

Correct i agree 100% but seeing the unmoddable drive playing a backup before it's hacked,dumped etc is pretty interesting... not everyone wants to use a hdd
but to each his or her own. I do these things for fun i love video games like everyone else just putting the info out there wanted to share. You get best of both
worlds with this info.. just like the apple chips did the same thing a softmod did on the original xbox people still went both ways and were happy with discs or
as you say games off the HDD.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
True.

I have both a flashed and a RGH system and I rather prefer to use my flashed system then my RGH'd one.

I still use DVD loading for my Wii.
I can go for External HDD's but their bulky and ugly next to a sleek console.

It's a pretty cool find I give you credit for that but you should've said that you WILL NEED a RGH'd or jTAGged system to do this.

The old Xbox was pretty great.
Upgrading a HDD and still being able to use XBLive by switching softmods.

I'd rather prefer the internal HDD for the old Xbox but thats purely because I don't want to wreck my DVD drive.

gisel213

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's another video sort of a remake of the original dvd-9 hack on the dvd-5 side enjoy!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOULxZRX96k&list=UU-NHVdfU2Vaim50muKUC_UQ&index=1&feature=plcp

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You should add that you will need a RGH/jTAG system with your second video.
You can't see evidence of a jTAG/RGH in the video so it could be very misleading.

It's still pretty neat none the less.

Anunnymous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about this. I'm going to answer my own question if no one does here in a few hours when I get home but I thought I'd ask anyway. Do you know if this would work for... say... Fallout disk based DLC. Could I scrub the iso to fit on dvd5 and install the dlc with it? Cause the disks are only like 1.someodd gigs and it seems a waste to burn them on dvd9 when you just need it to install then you're pretty much done with the disk. Thanks.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This will only work of you have a hardware hacked 360.

A flashed console CANNOT execute xex files from any storage device.

To answer your question.
It's better to place the DLC on the HDD or a USB HDD or a USB device if you got a jTAG/RGH 360.
If you have a flashed system it will not work and you will need to burn the entire ISO on a DVD9.
Besides it isn't really a waste if you consider the purchase price of the standalone disc beside the pirated and burned disc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse