• Start date
  • Views 3,914
  • Replies 24
D

Deleted User

OP
xbox-live-logo.png
QUOTE said:
Microsoft's Fall Xbox Live update will become available for download on Monday, November 1.

Announced via e-mail, the update, which has been in beta testing for many weeks, includes a new look for the system dashboard, Kinect support, and additional features, such as ESPN programming and added access to the Zune Marketplace, including Zune Pass music streaming functionality.

Microsoft also issued a list of additional upgrades and changes earlier this month, such as improved voice chat quality and improvement to the Xbox Live Marketplace interface.

Members who decline to download the update will be unable to connect to Xbox Live. Microsoft says the update should take somewhere between 5 to 10 minutes to download.

This is the third iteration to the Xbox 360's interface since the console's launch in 2005.

Source, http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/113/1131338p1.html

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone going to update?

I wont, I dont like the new gui. feels so flat.
plus Games might not work etc...
And Xbox is banned anyway.
laugh.gif

My only fear is forced updates on discs.

D

Deleted User

OP
I will be, I hope they did a good job with the sound codecs to match something like Ventrillo.

Btw, After watching some Youtube videos, it seems the Dashboard is as fast as the PS3's XMB.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
brandonspikes said:
I will be, I hope they did a good job with the sound codecs to match something like Ventrillo.

Btw, After watching some Youtube videos, it seems the Dashboard is as fast as the PS3's XMB.
Not so sure about that one. It was to begin with and then it's started to slow down again, though it is still a bit faster than the old Dashboard.

At least I'll be able to talk to my mates again from tomorrow anyway!

D

Deleted User

OP
Livin in a box said:
brandonspikes said:

Not so sure about that one. It was to begin with and then it's started to slow down again, though it is still a bit faster than the old Dashboard.

Minus streaming the hd content and things like nextflix and espn, the thing looks blazingly fast.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Ahh the new Dashboard update. I was wondering when you'd get here.
I have no real strong opinions of it either way. Its just a different interface that I'll have to get used to...

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
brandonspikes said:
Livin in a box said:
brandonspikes said:

Minus streaming the hd content and things like nextflix and espn, the thing looks blazingly fast.
Friends avatars still take a ridiculously long time to load though. There's actually no point in going to the friends section because it takes so long for them to come up.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a beta tester for the 3rd dash. This thing is going to cos older 360s to break faster. Before I got the 3rd dash, fan never ran when on the dashboard. Now The fan stays all on the time. This leaves me to believe the gpu is now in use with the 3rd dash running, while before it wasn't. Microsoft no doubt did this on purpose. They want people's phat 360s to break and make them have to get the new slim. ***king bastards.

D

Deleted User

OP
wesley0104 said:
Will this be downloadable from the website ?
No, The update will appear when you connect to Xbox live, Future titles may also make it mandatory and come with the dashboard update.

KinGamer7

Trophies
XP
Country
The one thing I'm looking forward to is the voice communication improvement. Currently, voices are far too quiet and the quality is just appalling. Roll on, tomorrow!

D

Deleted User

OP
Jamstruth said:
brandonspikes said:
wesley0104 said:
No, The update will appear when you connect to Xbox live, Future titles may also make it mandatory and come with the dashboard update.
It adds Kinect support so all Kinect games require the update
I assume a Kinect game will come with the update req, They wouldn't sell it if you had to be online all the time.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
brandonspikes said:
Jamstruth said:
brandonspikes said:
wesley0104 said:
It adds Kinect support so all Kinect games require the update
I assume a Kinect game will come with the update req, They wouldn't sell it if you had to be online all the time.
That's what you said in the first post anyway. You said "future titles" which makes it sound like unannounced games. Its already known that the Kinect games need this update and will come with it.

Doesn't matter anyway

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jan777 said:
I wont, I dont like the new gui. feels so flat.
This and i can probably deal with it .
even if it is flat, i'll get used to it ... eventually .

hopefully my xbox doesn't overheat when i leave it on through the day tomorrow so once i get home ,
i can test the new dashboard
biggrin.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Updated mine this morning. I can't say I hate the new look but it's kind of meh. It's definitely faster, and some of the windows do look a little nicer but nothing that makes you go "That's a great overhaul". The only thing I'm pissed off about is the fact that I now need to go to the Quick Launch options to start up the Sky Player. I'm guessing it's just a bug as when I choose the option from the Video Marketplace it just keeps telling me to re-download it, works fine from Quick Launch though.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TrolleyDave said:
Updated mine this morning. I can't say I hate the new look but it's kind of meh. It's definitely faster, and some of the windows do look a little nicer but nothing that makes you go "That's a great overhaul". The only thing I'm pissed off about is the fact that I now need to go to the Quick Launch options to start up the Sky Player. I'm guessing it's just a bug as when I choose the option from the Video Marketplace it just keeps telling me to re-download it, works fine from Quick Launch though.
I think I am in the same boat as you are Dave. Its not anywhere as significant as the upgrade from Blades (or whatever it was) to NXE and there are still some bugs that need to be worked out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: quite a tight bend on that 8pin->12pin adapter in my case, which is the worst case scenario, but...